D&D 5E The Bible Is A New 5E Setting

The Adventurer’s Guide to the Bible is a 5E setting and adventure set in the first century AD. The 350-page book, created by Bible enthusiasts, included four new lineages, a range of subclasses, and an adventure for character levels 1-10, along with a full first-century AD setting with locations like the Library of Alexandria and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, NPCs, and monsters such as...

The Adventurer’s Guide to the Bible is a 5E setting and adventure set in the first century AD.

63073A03-E1E0-492E-81EA-F79E05F6D4B6.jpeg

The 350-page book, created by Bible enthusiasts, included four new lineages, a range of subclasses, and an adventure for character levels 1-10, along with a full first-century AD setting with locations like the Library of Alexandria and the Hanging Gardens of Babylon, NPCs, and monsters such as giants, seraph serpents, angels, and demons. The adventure itself involves a search for three missing Magi.

It's $25 for a PDF, or $39 for a hardcover.

Cleopatra is dead. Rome and Parthia struggle for control of the Fertile Crescent in a bid for world domination, while local politics in the Middle Kingdoms become increasingly divisive. The prophecies of the so-called “Messiah” have long been forgotten, and an ancient Evil lurks in the shadows, corrupting the hearts of humankind. Three of the wisest mystics known as the “Magi” travelled to Bethlehem following a star they believed to be a sign. They never returned. Hope grows dim as the world descends into darkness. What we need are answers... and those brave enough to seek them.

This isn’t the first biblical era setting for D&D, although it might be for 5E. Green Ronin released Testament: Roleplaying in the Biblical Era for 3E over a decade ago.

CF365A40-FD89-4F74-845B-CF2CF891ECE6.jpeg

Mezuka

Hero
I don't know if this would be the only way; there's always DragonRaid. :p
  • It was revived in 2020 by a new author James R. Hannibal:

"Under James R. Hannibal, Lightraider Academy published the final two parts of the Moonbridge Raid to complete the campaign. These were produced in a visual style to match the original Moonbridge Raid Part One.[6] The Moonbridge Raid Parts Two and Three continue the map-based play style initiated with Part One. They also add an "encounter" appendix to each part, allowing Adventure Masters the flexibility to provide additional game content pertinent to the main story line of the campaign and allowing the players to discover additional clues and secrets without being funneled into certain map sectors."

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
This is surprising, but maybe it shouldn’t be. D&D’s reach has grown so long, of course it would have a significant Christian player base. And it makes sense that there would be demand for a setting inspired by Christian theology. I would expect it to be more… allegorical, but 🤷‍♀️

Gotta wonder what the races would be in such a setting. That seems like it could potentially get a little yikes-y.

J-H

Hero
Thanks for covering this (I clicked at "The" to see what it was). I don't follow Kickstarter, but as a Christian this is pretty interesting. I do regular D&D but may back it just to support it and get it as an option. If only physical copies weren't so expensive...

This is surprising, but maybe it shouldn’t be. D&D’s reach has grown so long, of course it would have a significant Christian player base. And it makes sense that there would be demand for a setting inspired by Christian theology. I would expect it to be more… allegorical, but 🤷‍♀️

Gotta wonder what the races would be in such a setting. That seems like it could potentially get a little yikes-y.
Right now they have:
-Human
-Giant-descended (ie Goliath/Anakites)
-Nephilim-descended
-To Be Announced

There really aren't a lot of options, so I'm OK with what they have so far both for being at least Biblically-inspired and regionally-appropriate.

It looks like they haven't published anything before that we can use to check quality, but everybody has to start somewhere. It looks like the content is done, and funding is mostly for art/printing/etc.

I think I’ve only ever seen one attempt at making The Bible a D&D setting, sometime when the D20 System was all the range.

It seems interesting enough though. Why not?

Remove ads

Remove ads