D&D 4E The Blood War in 4E?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Stormtalon said:
Plus, there's still plenty of opportunity for "incidental" conflict between the two. After all, demons want to destroy everything -- and said universal destruction would be decidedly inconvenient in regards to the devils' attempts to rule everything. ...

Soo... then the blood war still is going on, but now its a shadow war that is being fought by surrogates?

Irda Ranger

First Post
Relique du Madde said:
Soo... then the blood war still is going on, but now its a shadow war that is being fought by surrogates?
Only on the Devils' side. The Demons like getting their hands messy.

The Blood War, as written, I will not miss at all. I'm also glad Genasi are still around; they're one of my favorite faces. I hope they get a full race write-up in FRCS.

Minicol

Adventurer
Supporter
Sitara said:
Can't wait to see how soon this thread degeerates in a 'die WOTC die / You have ruined frcs / the 3e frcs and pg are worthless' etc etc. :D

No, it would give them too much of a kick.

lukelightning

First Post
kennew142 said:
The Blood War was (IMO, of course) one of the worst story elements ever to work its way into D&D. It always felt trite and uninteresting. I certainly won't miss it.
Same here. I put "Demons vs. Devils" in the same tired cliche as "Vampires vs. Werewolves" and "Pirates vs. Ninjas."

I felt that it adds nothing the players' experience in the game, and also restricts the DM.

D_E

Explorer
I don't see a problem with the Blood War, but I also don't see a problem with not having it. Ironically enough, though, although the 4th ed team was very careful to create a situation where the Blood War can't occure, the personalities and goals they gave to the Demons and Devils make war the most likely outcome if the two groups ever do meet!

ZombieRoboNinja

First Post
I'm pretty sure the Blood War was mentioned as a subplot in Neverwinter Nights, so there would be at least a bit to retcon there. Although I'm not sure the video games are considered "canon."

Remove ads