The Blood War: Part of Mordenkainen's Contents Page

Very interesting! Although I would rather have seen some of the table of contents concerning the Bestiary, this is quite intriguing as well!

Very interesting! Although I would rather have seen some of the table of contents concerning the Bestiary, this is quite intriguing as well!

gyor

Legend
Likely. However, given the sheer number of elven deities (we're at like 19-20, if we include the FR-specific drow gods, Eberron's Vulkoor, and Ghaunadaur), that will take up quite a lot of space.

29 Seldarine Gods, 9 Dark Seldarine Gods are listed in the table, but most don't get a blurb. The table lists name, Portifilios, Domain, and symbol, the basics to use the God.

I couldn't read most of names, but I made out 2 Zandilar and Vandria Gilmadrith.

Irennan

Explorer
Yeah, but while (surprisingly) all the Dark Seldarine get a write-up, only a handful of the Seldarine do (their write-ups seem to be more in-depth, tho, while those for the Dark Seldarine are much more superficial. Idk why they made this choice, there's at least as much lore about the drow gods as there is about the elven ones. Whatever, I guess...).

gyor

Legend
Yeah, but while (surprisingly) all the Dark Seldarine get a write-up, only a handful of the Seldarine do (their write-ups seem to be more in-depth, tho, while those for the Dark Seldarine are much more superficial. Idk why they made this choice, there's at least as much lore about the drow gods as there is about the elven ones. Whatever, I guess...).

Perhaps because those Seldarine Gods are the most broadly useful for Players, although some Dark Seldarine Gods do have none Drow worshippers too.

Irennan

Explorer
The only drow god that falls in that category is Selvetarm, that I know. Eilistraee, Vhaeraun, Zinzerena, Ghaunadaur--all of those do their own thing.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Probably because the Drow God's have more use for DMs, as the impetus for occult Drow plots, while the Elf deities are mainly there to help players find flavor for their High Elf Knowledge Cleric (which, as can be seen from the PHB deities tables, doesn't take much).

Irennan

Explorer
That is just what She wants them to think. If She wanted to micromanage other gods, she would be LE not CE.

Idk. Lolth hates her own children's (Eilistraee and Vhaeraun) guts, their worship is the worst kind of heresy that you can commit in a city under her control, and she does her best to keep Eilistraee's existence a secret. Ghaunadaur is just Ghaunadaur. As for Zinzerena, Lolth subsumed her in the Realms, although she perseveres outside of Toril.

It doesn't seem to be a relation of subordination, not even implied. It's open conflict out there.

Remove ads

Remove ads