• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Wouldn't you go look for Yoda's lightsaber?
He probably knew right where it was. We didn't see most of Luke's training on Dagobah. Yoda probably used his saber when he taught Luke how to fight. He wouldn't have had a need to hide it in secret compartments or anything.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I just feel like Boba was cheated out of a good show. These last two episodes have hardly been action-packed, and yet they feel far more compelling than the previous four episodes featuring Boba - and I don't think that's all down to the Mandalorian characters being more established.

Somehow, while they weren't actively bad or dull, those first four episodes failed to gel into a compelling narrative that has me rooting for Boba or even really knowing what he's trying to achieve. And, as these last two episodes demonstrate, they have the writing and directing talent to pull that off, so it's doubly weird that they've failed to do so in Boba's episodes.
I feel like instead of Boba having the position of Daimyo and having to defend it, the show should have shown him starting to fight the forces of Bib Fortuna and acquiring allies for that along the way. The season should have ended with his success and establishing his position.

MarkB

Legend
As someone else mentioned previously, I think that there might have been more compelling character development for Fett if they had done the series in a more linear fashion. Show him with the Tuskens, learning the value of a family, first. Then show him building his own syndicate. Then it flows more naturally and feels earned.
Yeah, as it stands I don't even really know why/if he even wants to be a crime boss. On the one hand it seems like fleeing back to the familiar in the form of Jabba's palace and empire, and on the other it seems like maybe he wants to reform the place, take the criminal gangs down from the top. The same team that delivered us really well-defined motivations and internal struggles for Din Djarin before he ever took his helmet off just hasn't done the same for Boba Fett.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Last edited:

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Several times in the show. He said his name expecting a reaction. Most of the time it was a resounding, Meh. I think the most feared bounty hunter was all in his head, we were just living in it. Until Disney upped the rent and evicted us.

Stalker0

Legend
This was neat - but is anyone else bothered by how clearly this showed how much better a show The Mandalorian is/was...?
Just caught up myself, and yeah absolutely. Episode 5, it was amazing to me how "slow" the pacing of the episode was, and yet I was completely enthralled. Mando is just a few scenes looked more badass than Boba has in the entire previous 4 episodes. I also love the head armorer lady, so calm and yet every word is a soft commandment. The mechanic lady is also once again just amazing.

I also really appreciated that the helmet removal gets called out, Mando messed up the code and had to pay the price, which is perfectly in theme. I wonder if that will be his new mission wants this little war gets settled, and he has to return to mandalore to become worthy again. Lastly, its great that everyone Mando sees is like "where's the kid?"..... its a small detail, but it really makes all of these characters feel connected because its exactly the thing actual people would say.

Last edited:

Eric V

Hero
Several times in the show. He said his name expecting a reaction. Most of the time it was a resounding, Meh. I think the most feared bounty hunter was all in his head, we were just living in it. Until Disney upped the rent and evicted us.
I mean, it wasn't always like that; read the wookipedia entry. But I guess none of that matters now if Disney just decided he should be a loser.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads