• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Wolfram stout

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmmm, so assuming Grogu goes with Mando, that means:
Mando has the Darksaber he needs help learning to wield it, he also has a highly Force sensitive slightly trained partner/sidekick who also has "memories" of how to use the force.

I think I can see where this may go. And for those like me that don't really watch the animated shows, Wookipedia and/or a teenage kid who does is a life saver.

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Could Covid have played a part in them switching to Mando? They had to quarantine the regular cast, so they threw together another story, and fit it in?

Not enough material, so they pad the episode count with other material?

Just a couple of thoughts I had on why they did it this way.

Jmarso

Adventurer
If I were to try to shoehorn Yoda's lightsaber's appearance into canon, I'd do it like this:

After the New Republic took Coruscant, Luke found it (along with a bunch of other Jedi artifacts) in Palpatine's sealed, private collection. Because I'm fairly certain we saw Yoda lose that lightsaber in the Senate Chamber as Palpatine was kicking his ass.

billd91

Not your screen monkey (he/him) 🇺🇦🇵🇸🏳️‍⚧️
If I were to try to shoehorn Yoda's lightsaber's appearance into canon, I'd do it like this:

After the New Republic took Coruscant, Luke found it (along with a bunch of other Jedi artifacts) in Palpatine's sealed, private collection. Because I'm fairly certain we saw Yoda lose that lightsaber in the Senate Chamber as Palpatine was kicking his ass.
Or Yoda made another one. Seems that Jedi go through lightsabers from time to time. Anakin certainly did between Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Remember in Star Wars when Threepio says, "I suggest a different strategy: Let the Wookiee win."

I suggest a different stategy for the show: Let Dave Filoni do every episode.

Thoughts:

• I want a Cobb Vanth show.
  • Cad Bane is terrifying.
  • The Vanth/Bane showdown is up there with "The Duel" from Star Wars: Visions as far as genre-blending goes. It showcases Star Wars' roots.
  • "I'm an old friend of the family" is a perfect Ahsoka line.
  • Fox did Firefly dirty. Space Westerns are AMAZING!
  • Ludwig Goranson + Ennio Morricone = Perfection.
  • Baby Yoda is inferior to Babier Yoda.
  • Using a remote to teach an Order 66 survivor is like teaching kitchen safety to a toddler by burning his hand on the stove.
  • The near complete lack of Boba Fett in this (IMHO) great episode shows that Boba Fett really shouldn't have had a show.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
Now I'm imagining that scene as a metaphor for a DM with a new player in his game:

DM Luke: "Ok, Grogu. You can play a wizard or a fighter, but not both. There's no multi-classing in my campaign."

Grogu: "Is this Basic D&D, or are you just being a dick?"
DM Luke: "Why not both?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads