• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

pukunui

Legend
I have a feeling the choice he presents Grogu may be one of those "true, from a certain point of view" things. He told Grogu that he could only choose one of the gifts - not that he could only have one of them. Maybe, whichever one he chooses, Luke will give him the other one anyway.
Just re-watched with my girls. Luke clearly states that if Grogu chooses the armor, he will return to his life with Din, whereas if he chooses the lightsaber, he'll stay and become Luke's first student and a great Jedi. Yes, it's possible if he chooses the lightsaber, Luke might let him wear the armor anyway ... but I think that's unlikely, as it represents the attachment Grogu has to Din and will remind him of Din every day, which is not something Luke seems to want.

And boy, Grogu looks mad right at the end there. Like he's thinking, "Dammit, Luke, why are you making me choose?! I want them both!"

I fully expect he'll choose the armor. Why else would Din get a new starship with a perfect little Grogu-sized bubble instead of a droid port?

That said, I don't expect we'll find out which choice Grogu makes until S3 of the Mandalorian. I mean, there's only one episode of Boba Fett left now, and I think it will focus on the standoff with the Pykes (and whoever is backing them -- the money seems to be on Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn, especially since some keen-eared fans picked out the Crimson Dawn theme music from Solo in one of the earlier Boba Fett episodes - or is it just mixed in with Boba's theme? I can't remember exactly.)

Just re-watched with my girls. Luke clearly states that if Grogu chooses the armor, he will return to his life with Din, whereas if he chooses the lightsaber, he'll stay and become Luke's first student and a great Jedi. Yes, it's possible if he chooses the lightsaber, Luke might let him wear the armor anyway ... but I think that's unlikely, as it represents the attachment Grogu has to Din and will remind him of Din every day, which is not something Luke seems to want.

And boy, Grogu looks mad right at the end there. Like he's thinking, "Dammit, Luke, why are you making me choose?! I want them both!"

I fully expect he'll choose the armor. Why else would Din get a new starship with a perfect little Grogu-sized bubble instead of a droid port?

That said, I don't expect we'll find out which choice Grogu makes until S3 of the Mandalorian. I mean, there's only one episode of Boba Fett left now, and I think it will focus on the standoff with the Pykes (and whoever is backing them -- the money seems to be on Qi'ra and Crimson Dawn, especially since some keen-eared fans picked out the Crimson Dawn theme music from Solo in one of the earlier Boba Fett episodes - or is it just mixed in with Boba's theme? I can't remember exactly.)
Grogu will choose the armor, and as a consequence Luke's academy will fall.

However, this will be the start of a path to creating a new organisation that fuses Jedi and Mandalorian teachings, both of which are out of balance as they are at the moment.

I get why Luke doesn't want him to have both - because the armor will forever remind him of Din, which is an attachment, which is something Luke doesn't want him to have. But come on! He needs that armor to keep him safe from the Knights of Ren!
Luke is fixated on reviving the old jedi traditions, rather than finding a new way forward.

You could view the recreation of an ancient looking building as a metaphor for this.

Last edited:

If he's the most feared bounty hunter in the galaxy, I would have heard of him, yeah.
He isn't, that was Legends Boba Fett.

In this galaxy Cad Bane is far more badass.

I think a better name for this series would be The Clone Wars 25 Years On. You need familiarity with events in TCW to fully understand this series.

Edit: also The Bad Batch - Fennic Shand has history with Cad Bane.

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yeah, awesome though the Mando stuff is, it's carefully not advancing the plot outside of its show. It begins and ends with Mando and Grogu in the same position. Perhaps in Mando s3 they'll need a throwaway line referring to the armour Mando left for him (which people will just assume happened offscreen), and him starting with the new ship (but that sort of thing can also generally happen offscreen -- "hey, I got a new ship since you last saw me!") but the armor forging backstory and the ship building scenes and the like aren't necessary. So if you are only watching Mando, missing these eps won't be confusing.

Remove ads