The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Zardnaar

Legend
Anyone want me to "5E" these.

Level 15: Scout 3, Soldier 5, Bounty Hunter 5, Elite Trooper 2.

MarkB

Legend
Yeah that's my take on it.

Overall I liked the season but it's no Mandalorian.
I just wish I knew why.

I mean, I know how it didn't measure up, pretty much the same issues everyone else has pointed out - but it's from the same general creative team as The Mandalorian, they have a generally good track record, and episodes 5 and 6 show that they're still capable of delivering that quality. So why did they drop the ball in the rest of the season?

Zardnaar

Legend
I just wish I knew why.

I mean, I know how it didn't measure up, pretty much the same issues everyone else has pointed out - but it's from the same general creative team as The Mandalorian, they have a generally good track record, and episodes 5 and 6 show that they're still capable of delivering that quality. So why did they drop the ball in the rest of the season?

Basic storyline problems and no focus/pacing issues.

I agree with a lot of things here.

Would argue they didn't have a clear vision for the character/show. Is he a bounty hunter, crime lord, hero etc?
Pacing as well (face turn with Tuskans, Cad intro and death in two episodes).

They turned him face and rushed it;).

Zardnaar

Legend
once again i was proven right lol they tried something new and it made people unhappy lol

It's a fine line to walk between something new in an existing franchise.

They could have had Fett being a badass and blowing crap up for 7 episodes probably would have gone well.

They went a bit overboard on fan service. Mandalorian got that right.

Good Star Wars/storytelling kinda needs that emotional response see New Hope/ESB. Wasnt a disaster though unrealistic expectations perhaps or those expectations not met.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Regarding that episode and the slower-seeming combat pace in BoBF, in the Mando episode, Rodriguez filmed at normal speed and then sped the film up a bit to get that faster combat look. I am wondering why he did not do that as well with the BoBf fights.
Maybe he was having trouble with the attack droids who were simultaneously too slow to catch slowly running people and fast enough to catch a cart being pulled by a speeding droid.

It's a fine line to walk between something new in an existing franchise.

They could have had Fett being a badass and blowing crap up for 7 episodes probably would have gone well.

They went a bit overboard on fan service. Mandalorian got that right.

Good Star Wars/storytelling kinda needs that emotional response see New Hope/ESB. Wasnt a disaster though unrealistic expectations perhaps or those expectations not met.
I think for some it was unrealistic expectations, among those of my friends who don't consume any other SW beyond the live-action shows and the movies, they all said the book of Bobba Fett was good and they enjoyed it. One, in particular, loved the mod squad.

pukunui

Legend
I think for some it was unrealistic expectations, among those of my friends who don't consume any other SW beyond the live-action shows and the movies, they all said the book of Bobba Fett was good and they enjoyed it. One, in particular, loved the mod squad.
Yeah there are tons of people on Twitter praising the show in replies to one of Ming-Na Wen’s posts about it.

Stalker0

Legend
Anyone want me to "5E" these.

Level 15: Scout 3, Soldier 5, Bounty Hunter 5, Elite Trooper 2.
I could see a Rogue 2 / Fighter 9 kind of thing (you could make the case for the ranger but the pesky spells and nature bent gets in the way, I think a few rogue levels cover some core skill competencies), with basically +3 adamantine half plate armor (feat: heavy armor mastery) and an item of flight (aka jet pack). I could see him with sharpshooter and crossbow expert feats, and archery as his weapon style, which handles his skill with the blaster. Throw in an item that can cast burning hands a few times a day for that sweet flame thrower action.

I would reserve levels 15-20 for top Jedi, and though Fett was strong he was not the best fighter by BoBF, he's gotten a bit old and lost a few steps. I think level 10 or 11 is a pretty good bar for that.

Last edited:

Remove ads