The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

That was a good first episode and answered a lot of questions without going too in-depth. Seeing just enough of how he got out of the Sarlacc and how the Jawa got his armor was a good start. And despite all you hear about them being Tusken "Raiders", it is humans we see doing the raiding and not the Tuskens. And that raid asks the question of to which group or crime boss does that painted symbol belong? I have not done the spoiler and easter egg readings yet, so I don't know if it is obvious or for a new enemy not yet met.

Letting someone take your helmets away for servicing seems excessively trusting. If they haven't had trackers and listening devices installed I'd be surprised.
It seemed to me that Fett had some idea as to what was meant, while shand may not have.

Also looks like Mos Espa has a free-running gang.

Fett's comments about ruling through respect instead of fear made me recall Iron man's quote "Is it better to be feared or respected?"

I think in Fett's case, part of his choosing to go with Respect (for now) is due to his not being fully healed and avoiding the "New boss same as the old boss" trope

MarkB

Legend
I think in Fett's case, part of his choosing to go with Respect (for now) is due to his not being fully healed and avoiding the "New boss same as the old boss" trope
We're getting a lot of backstory in this series, it seems, and at least part of it seems to involve Tatooine's criminal gangs (the raid on the moisture farm). I'm thinking Fett's motivation here isn't just "go back somewhere familiar and become someone powerful".

Maybe during his time with the Tuskens he got to really see what the Hutt gangs were doing to everyone else on the planet, and what he's actually trying to do is to take apart these organisations from the top down.

pukunui

Legend
Was anyone else thrown by the American accents of the twi'leks in this episode? Most of them tend to have fake French accents (with the only other exception I can think of being Hera). Not really complaining. Just making an observation.

MarkB

Legend
Was anyone else thrown by the American accents of the twi'leks in this episode? Most of them tend to have fake French accents (with the only other exception I can think of being Hera). Not really complaining. Just making an observation.
Actually, I was thrown by the French accents in the Bad Batch episode when they featured Hera's family, because I hadn't particularly associated it with twi'leks before then.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Haven't really watched the cartoons but what accent did Bib Fortuna have?

pukunui

Legend
Haven't really watched the cartoons but what accent did Bib Fortuna have?
His accent has always been sort of indeterminate. But Ayla Secura’s was French, as was Hera’s dad and pretty much every other twi’lek shown in the movies and cartoons.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases