The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Episode 4 was the mid-point, with 3 episodes to go. Yes, the show has a weird 7-episode run. But anyway, the past and present probably have one more episode of flashbacks left before the show is fully post-Mandalorian, and the action should crank up quite a bit.

MarkB

Legend
Episode 4 was the mid-point, with 3 episodes to go. Yes, the show has a weird 7-episode run. But anyway, the past and present probably have one more episode of flashbacks left before the show is fully post-Mandalorian, and the action should crank up quite a bit.
Maybe not even that. The framing device for the flashbacks has always been the bacta tank healing sessions, and he's fully healed as of this episode.

Maybe not even that. The framing device for the flashbacks has always been the bacta tank healing sessions, and he's fully healed as of this episode.

I think there is still one flashback left to cover between when he recovered his ship and when he sits on the throne, to explain why he said Bib double-crossed him and to show him shooting Bib. So far we have only seen the shot in the end credits teaser from The Mandalorian.

pukunui

Legend
I think there is still one flashback left to cover between when he recovered his ship and when he sits on the throne, to explain why he said Bib double-crossed him and to show him shooting Bib. So far we have only seen the shot in the end credits teaser from The Mandalorian.
I expect it will also show us how he found out Din had his armor and how he tracked Din to Tython.

CapnZapp

Legend
based on Luke and Anakin hand-choppings, I don't get the feeling that SW people are too attached to the body parts.

Kinda like dogs. They lose a limb or eyes, and after the initial pain, they get on with life. Wheras humans need emotional therapy.

One might take the SW way as dismissive, but it's also empowering. They literally get a replacement and get back in the game as fully accepted people. Not quite true in our society.
While I can see an argument such as "Fennec is too bad ass to care" it really ends up shafting the actress (Min Na Wen). We've waited long for an episode giving her nuance and depth, and....

Nothing. She remains a complete unknown, which makes her uninteresting in my eyes. You'd think she'd be driven by greed, but this episode showed that there was nothing interesting about her partnership with Fett. Just wishy-washy do-gooder stuff, with no real reason why. (As opposed to, say, Fett not simply releasing her from being indebted to him for saving her life after exactly one (1) short mission).

She's basically nothing more than the inevitable action figurine.

Compare to Krrsantan, the black Wookie. The scene where he could have let the lizard man go, but still decided to tear him apart, instantly made him much cooler and interesting. He already has all the motivation he needs (to accept working for Fett); after all Fett released him when he should have killed him.

Imagine how many much more interesting setups this episode could have given us for Shand. Even the tired old "road to redemption" would have been something. But we can do much better without even trying. Fett realizing Shand works for really terrible people or has committed an atrocity in the past, and not releasing her from her debt until he's made her see his point. (Making Shand resentful while at the same time reluctantly admiring Fett would at least be something for Wen to hook onto!) The new gut not working perfectly (after all, why would a random bodymod parlor be capable of permanently fixing an injury as serious as this? If this type of tech is as cheap and bountiful as this it makes you wonder how many Stormtrooper lives could have been saved...), so Shand tagging along until she can pay for a proper upgrade.

Makes you shake your head at how they went with the most obvious most pedestrian least intriguing choice at every juncture.

Have you seen Shand's episodes in The Bad Batch? She is already portrayed as less dark than the average Bounty Hunter. Boba's TCWs episodes are also telling. He has "a lot of blood on his ledger" having killed thousands to get at one target, destroying a Star Destroyer whilst still a kid, but he is also troubled by a conscience, refusing to murder defenceless hostages.

I wouldn't be surprised if the big twist is Shand betrays Boba though.

Staffan

Legend
Compare to Krrsantan, the black Wookie. The scene where he could have let the lizard man go, but still decided to tear him apart, instantly made him much cooler and interesting. He already has all the motivation he needs (to accept working for Fett); after all Fett released him when he should have killed him.
I got the feeling that Garsa Fwip was pretty much getting through to him and that Krrsantan was on the verge of letting the Trandoshan go, when she mentioned "Oh, and if you do we'll clear your drinking tab as well." So tearing off the arm was sort of his way of saying "Eff you, you can't buy his life (or arm) that cheap."

Regarding the series in general, so far it's been really appropriate to Boba Fett. Hyped up, looks really cool at first glance, but ultimately disappointing.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases