The Book of Boba Fett (spoilers)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Well, yes, but I still think there's more than a few nods to Quadrophenia specifically. Did the real mods have a ridiculous number of side mirrors on their Vespas, or was that just Quadrophenia? It was really that minor detail that made me think Quadrophenia. And if you google "Boba Fett Quadrophenia", you'll see I'm not the only one who made that connection.
Well, I'm not really interested in what people who aren't in this conversation think, so I won't be Googling anything. But yes, the mirrors specifically are reminiscent of that movie, and that particular detail about those mods was likely a nod, but would be pretty reductive if that was the scriptwriter's only influence when including a cultural aspect of another country in their show (I mean maybe it is, and the scriptwriter really is that reductive, but if so what the heck?)

Nah, I think the mods and the bikers (rockers) were based on mods and rockers, and the Quadrophenia mirrors were a little added nod to a specific movie for fun.

Hey, I could be wrong. And maybe lightsabers are based specifically on one single movie which had swords in it, rather than the existence of swords in general! But I suspect otherwise.

embee

Lawyer by day. Rules lawyer by night.
nyet, Threepio is a great translator.

He just keeps being put into situations where he's completely unsuited.

Not his fault that he's not listened to.
I'm not buying it.

There's no indication that he was accurately translating anything the Ewoks said.

Also, most translators don't call people "filthy" standing right by them.

Like, he straight up said Jawas are filthy standing by the Jawas.

Worst. Protocol. Droid. EVER!

MarkB

Legend
I'm not buying it.

There's no indication that he was accurately translating anything the Ewoks said.
Yeah, but they're a pre-spaceflight tribe on an obscure moon. That he could translate their language at all is astonishing.

He wasn't being employed to be nice to them. I think he can be cut a little slack for not taking well to the people who imprisoned and sold him.

Thanks for giving me an excuse to dust off this. :)

I'll even add an amendum, where, in the rise of skywalker, where he sacrificed his memory to save the galaxy.

I'm not buying it.

He was built by a 10 year old kid, what kid wouldn't program a droid to be rude, given the opportunity?

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
I'm beginning to think that Threepio was being a little overly dramatic.
Star Wars Doom GIF

Remove ads