The Boys/Better Than Us

Zardnaar

Legend
Two shows we have watched in the last week.

The Boys- Amazon
Its a super heros subversive show where heros are very very flawed. Gas not Superman, Not Captain Marvel, Not The Flash etc. R18 you have been warned.

Better Than Us- Netflix
This is a Russia show we watched with dubbing although subtitles are available. Superficially similar to Humans its a decent take on the old Android/human am I alive type dynamic.

Other stuff
3% Netflix

Foreign language from Brazil. Downward slide since season 1 set after global disaster. Still not to bad just not great.

Money Heist Netflix

Another foreign language show from Spain. Very clever show one of the best I've found on Amazon.

Hussar

Legend
Loved The Boys. Excellent show.

Better than Us - I watched the first five or six episodes, but, I've kinda lost interest. Fantastic production values though. Surprisingly good.

ccs

41st lv DM
Money Heist Netflix

Another foreign language show from Spain. Very clever show one of the best I've found on Amazon.

Season 1: Though the premise is implausible, it's clever & entertaining.

Season 2: ..... :(
If you've only seen season 1, just skip season 2 & assume the entertaining rogues lived happily ever after.
Because the clever plan from season 1? A slightly re-hashed version is just tedious & more absurd this time, the characters do bafflingly stupid things, & then turn them selves into actual villains by the end.
A 3rd season is teased in the final episode. (no idea if they did a season 3, but if they did I'm not watching.)

Zardnaar

Legend
Season 1: Though the premise is implausible, it's clever & entertaining.

Season 2: ..... :(
If you've only seen season 1, just skip season 2 & assume the entertaining rogues lived happily ever after.
Because the clever plan from season 1? A slightly re-hashed version is just tedious & more absurd this time, the characters do bafflingly stupid things, & then turn them selves into actual villains by the end.
A 3rd season is teased in the final episode. (no idea if they did a season 3, but if they did I'm not watching.)

I've seen all of it, season 1 was split in two for Netflix?

Still enjoyed it but yeah not as good

ccs

41st lv DM
I've seen all of it, season 1 was split in two for Netflix?

Still enjoyed it but yeah not as good

Maybe?
Season 1 on Netflix ended with them getting away with the loot.
Season 2 started with the idiot getting himself caught on the island while his GF goes partying.
I don't know how it was originally aired in Spain.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases