The Boys season two (spoilers)

Herschel

Adventurer
I'm enjoying it thus far. The dynamics and morality are twisted fun. The Homelander/Storm Front looming confrontation will be interesting.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm enjoying it thus far. The dynamics and morality are twisted fun. The Homelander/Storm Front looming confrontation will be interesting.
I don’t think it will last long? He’s clearly far more powerful. And when he got angry, she backed down really quick realising she’d gone too far. She doesn’t want to fight him.

trappedslider

Adventurer
I don’t think it will last long? He’s clearly far more powerful. And when he got angry, she backed down really quick realising she’d gone too far. She doesn’t want to fight him.

Well with episode 5, I think we can at least say that she wouldn't fold fast against homelander. As of now we know she can fly, lightening and some type of healing/durability, since she took his eye beams to her chest and didn't flinch or worry about scarring.

We also finally got to see Terror!

It's going to be interesting to see this gambit pile up unfold and we're half way over with the season.

payn

Explorer
I thought Black Noir's thing was super agility (seems it still is) but he can also take a massive beating. Explosions and bullets...

Dire Bare

Legend
Supporter
I thought Black Noir's thing was super agility (seems it still is) but he can also take a massive beating. Explosions and bullets...
Most of the supers seem to have a degree of invulnerability and super strength in the show, even if it isn't their main thing.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Holy crap. What was that weird comedy accent Butcher’s aunt was putting on? I mean Urban’s accent is a bit dodgy, but that? That was worse than my attempts at accents. That made Kevin Costner in Prince of Thieves look like a master impressionist. It made Dick Van Dyke look like the world’s best voice actor!

Khelon Testudo

Cleric of Stronmaus
After the fake-out with the crowd laser scene, I noticed how carefully Homelander opens and closes doors. He may be capable of towering rage, and be getting angrier and angrier. But it's clear to me that restraint has been ingrained into him from an early age, because he lives in a world of cardboard, and his need to be loved is not a goal he can achieve purely with violence.

payn

Explorer
All the brooding this season is really hurting my enjoyment. They are finally doing something with The Deep and Huey seems to be out of his funk, even Homelander seems to have found his stride, but now we got Kimiko, Frenchie, and Billy down in a hole. It's probably only a matter of time until Starlight is too with all her dwindling allies. This season has just been one big depression fest.

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
Well, we are mid-season so the downbeats make sense. Seems like Butcher is pulling out of depression and back to being committed to getting Becca out of there.

And Starlight... I mean... yeah she is working to bring down Vought, so her 'supe' friends are going to like that. Though I think A-Train and Queen Mave may prove to actually be allies at least for the short term.

Dire Bare

Legend
Supporter
Well, we are mid-season so the downbeats make sense. Seems like Butcher is pulling out of depression and back to being committed to getting Becca out of there.

And Starlight... I mean... yeah she is working to bring down Vought, so her 'supe' friends are going to like that. Though I think A-Train and Queen Mave may prove to actually be allies at least for the short term.
I'm waiting for A-Train and/or Deep to betray Maeve and Starlight as they are so desperate to get back into the Seven, even over-riding their fear of Homelander.

Ryujin

Adventurer
Well, we know now Frenchies' name : Serge and Stormfront's backstory or at least the start of it. Also ewwww

I was wondering if I'd heard the name right. Was a little confused because there was a company's singage behind him, at the time, that also said "Serge" if I remember correctly.

Side Note: Sudden realization that the new episode of "The Boys" goes live on Fridays, at just after midnight GMT. I watched the latest episode at 9:00 North American EDT :)

trappedslider

Adventurer
I was wondering if I'd heard the name right. Was a little confused because there was a company's singage behind him, at the time, that also said "Serge" if I remember correctly.

Side Note: Sudden realization that the new episode of "The Boys" goes live on Fridays, at just after midnight GMT. I watched the latest episode at 9:00 North American EDT :)
I had closed captioning on, along with the x-ray feature.

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4