The Boys season two (spoilers)

Herschel

Adventurer
A lot to unwrap. The suspicions of Stormfront were even more "on the nose" than expected with the revelation she was Vought's wife and the "first", though we also found a good part of that was dumb genetic luck.

It was also interesting to see Shawn Ashmore juxtaposed with Aaron Stanford and the lighter.

Cindy is a total wildcard and maybe even strong enough to take on the big two along with anyone else who gets in her way.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
For some reason in my head Lamplighter was the Boys version of Green Lantern. Dunno why. It was a bit of a let down to find he was just a guy with a flamethrower (albeit an innate one). I have no idea where I got that idea from.

fba827

Adventurer
For some reason in my head Lamplighter was the Boys version of Green Lantern. Dunno why. It was a bit of a let down to find he was just a guy with a flamethrower (albeit an innate one). I have no idea where I got that idea from.
I’m the summaries of the comics, he is in fact referred to as the green lantern type character. I’ve seen him called that multiple places so you’re not imagining it. Now of course for the show, as you say, it’s not quite manifested as a green lantern but as, well, pyro from X-men

well, that just happened. I'm going to predict that Becca reaches out to billy and tells him what happened with Ryan.

Looks like Cindy's powers don't require her to be in the room.

Anyone want a fresca?

Last edited:

Well, that wasn't what I was expecting...So Kimko can come back from having her neck snapped. Girls get it done indeed. Also looks like Butcher and the others minus Hughie may end up in the same place their comic counter parts started. Also from what Edgar's discussion with Butcher, it seems Ryan is the counter to homelander or was planned to be one.

Here's what stormfront was saying in German :
"Es war so schön. Wie wir dort zu dritt gesessen, im Schatten eines Apfelbaums.
Erinnerst du dich an den Tag Frederick? Chloe hat die Arme aus dem Autofenster gestreckt. Wir haben den perfekten Platz am Fluss gefunden, im Schatten eines Apfelbaums. Es war das erste mal dass Chloe frische Äpfel gegessen hat."

And in English

"It was so beautiful. How the three of us sat there, in the shade of an apple tree.
Do you remember the day Frederick? Chloe's arms out of the car window. We found the perfect spot by the river, in the shade of an apple tree. It was the first time Chloe ate fresh apples."

And lastly, while Homelander was talking to ryan:
"... war so glücklich. Es war herrlich. Ich wollte dass er nie zu Ende geht."
Which translates to:

"... was so happy. It was wonderful. I wanted it to never end."

Ryujin

Legend
So Stormfront is bulletproof but not knife-proof?

That felt rather like a reference to James Gunn's first superhero film "The Specials." The character Ms. Indestructible has bullet proof skin but gets poked in the eye, when she starts going off on a team member. Good comedy film. Well worth watching, but got almost no play.

That felt rather like a reference to James Gunn's first superhero film "The Specials." The character Ms. Indestructible has bullet proof skin but gets poked in the eye, when she starts going off on a team member. Good comedy film. Well worth watching, but got almost no play.
It was a nod to the same type of incident in the comic, but instead of Becca doing the eye ,it was Kimiko.

In Fact: Stormfront's beatdown at the hands of Starlight, Maeve and Kimiko is shot similarly to the comicbook's curb-stomping of Stormfront. Stormfront being sent to the ground and kicked and stomped on is the most notable parallel.

Last edited:

Herschel

Adventurer
Yeah, it was a bit unexpected how things played out, but fairly satisfying. My first thought with the eye was that it's not skin and, similar to the shields in Dune, there may be other factors at play. I also like how they gave Homelander some more human moments and emotions regarding Ryan.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases