• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Capoeirista (A Battle Dancer class fix)

I'd probably go 3/7 on uncanny dodge, in line with speed bonus and movement mastery.

Considering I learned capoeira through my college, I'm not surprised weapon styles weren't taught. I believe there are rules for machetes in D&D, though I'd have to figure out where I got that idea from.

Like I said, it's interesting to note the subtle differences between what wisdom versus charisma would entail for this. Are dodges and evasion primarily inward perception, or outward? I say primarily because it's a bit of both really since it's noticing an external effect in relation to the self. "One who knows the enemy and knows himself will not be in danger in a hundred battles."

emoplato

First Post
As stated in the OP, the class is balanced more towards T3 than the rogue's T4, which means it'll get more versatility and a bit of a power increase. Momentum Kick is fine in this context, especially since minor optimization will put SA damage higher. DW crescent knives for example.
Just because it is "suppose" to be a tier above doesn't mean it needs to do almost everything a rogue does better. Personally, if you would do that make it a rogue fix. The crescent knife sees rare use because of its ability, besides improved unarmed strike is still a feat making aptitude possible. A shadow glove with assassin's stance easily nets him sneak attack and ways to increase/use it. The "dreaded" Iajitsu focus still needs to have a sheathed weapon to function vs. momentum kick. Yes, I do know of the Iajitsu master but still how many swords can he really have without them being weak, much less what happens after?

Jon_Dahl

First Post
I think it's a great class but there is too much stuff to my taste. I wish you could have made a lot more simplistic.

But I salute you for the effort. It really looks great. Hard to say about the balance issues but the fluff/cruch seem very good.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads