• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Center of Time OOC Discussion

G

Guest 11456

Hello Tailspinner. Welcome to the Ninth World.

I am currently ghosting two abandoned shells - Wisco and Xiaon. If Isida has no problems with it, you could take one of them. You can find the RG thread here.

thotd

Assuming that is OK, which one would you rather continue to ghost? Or do you even have a preference?

doghead

thotd
Assuming that is OK, which one would you rather continue to ghost? Or do you even have a preference?

Wisco is more along the line of the sort of character I would create for myself, and has been the primary voice for most of my posts so far. That been said, one of the appeals of ghosting abandoned characters is trying something new.

Wisco thinks that Xiaon is a bit of a prat. The kid is barely old enough to shave, but wonders around with the ridiculous moniker of "Legend" or some such. But despite himself, Wisco cannot help feeling a sort of grudging respect for Xiaon, a sense that there is potential in the kid. This was the dynamic I was hoping to explore and develop between the two characters.

That was the long answer. The short answer is I don't know. If push came to shove, ... Xiaon (despite my brain screaming Nooooooo!). Especially if I had a good Wisco to play off.

Do you have a preference?

thotd

G

Guest 11456

Wisco is more along the line of the sort of character I would create for myself, and has been the primary voice for most of my posts so far. That been said, one of the appeals of ghosting abandoned characters is trying something new.

Wisco thinks that Xiaon is a bit of a prat. The kid is barely old enough to shave, but wonders around with the ridiculous moniker of "Legend" or some such. But despite himself, Wisco cannot help feeling a sort of grudging respect for Xiaon, a sense that there is potential in the kid. This was the dynamic I was hoping to explore and develop between the two characters.

That was the long answer. The short answer is I don't know. If push came to shove, ... Xiaon (despite my brain screaming Nooooooo!). Especially if I had a good Wisco to play off.

Do you have a preference?

thotd

None. Have you given any thought to what type of character you wish to create?

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Tailspinner, I'd be glad to have you! Like doghead said, if you wouldn't mind ghosting one of our abandoned characters for the moment, fairly soon we'll be getting to a point where you can introduce one of your own design.

Though... *ponders* There's actually a possibility of inserting a new person pretty much immediately, if you don't mind a weird entrance. What did you want to play?

doghead, I know you said you didn't necessarily want to make one of your own, but if you'd like to, you certainly may. If you definitely want to keep Wisco over Xaion, I'll NPC Xaion from now on until I get a chance to write him out of the plot.

doghead

thotd
I am enjoying playing both characters and happy to continue doing so if Tailspinner wants to go with option B - a weird entrance.

Alternatively, I am happy to hand over either Wisco or Xiaon if Tailspinner wants to start immediately with a character in play. If I had to choose which character I would prefer to keep playing, I think I would go with Xiaon (yeah, my last post was a bit ambiguous on this point).

thotd

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Go ahead and give me a write-up in the Rogue's Gallery, Tailspinner!

doghead - whichever character you'd like to keep, go ahead and post your own character sheet in the RG so you can edit it as we go along.

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
All right, Ohm Eleven, here are your cyphers and oddities (note the infiltrator is occultic, so counts as two):

Cyphers
Teleporter (bounder) - (lvl 7) - A synth wristband covered in blue and purple symbols that blink in slow patterns. User teleports up to 100 × the cypher level in feet to a location he can see. He arrives safely with his possessions but cannot take anything else with him.
Infiltrator - (lvl 5) - A metal headband with moveable glass panels that launches a small projectile. Tiny capsule launches and moves at great speed, mapping and scanning an unknown area. It moves 500 feet (152 m) per level, scanning an area up to 50 feet (15 m) per level away from it. It identifies basic layout, creatures, and major energy sources. Its movement is blocked by any physical or energy barrier.

Oddities
Five metallic plates that orbit around your head and display ever-changing, unknown symbols
Wrist band that makes your hand invisible when worn.

fireinthedust

Explorer
OOC: Heh. Think of it this way: if he turns off the machine, we only have to deal with the abhumans around us right now. If they turn on him... well, he's got two characters, and neither of them were ones he made up himself!

Seriously though: As the player group, do we think this is a good idea? I know what I'd do, and I've said as much, but we're a team, and it's a big decision moving forward.

I think we have two main options:

1) We may lose the lead we have to get to the goal, which they sound like they could lead us to.

2) The flip side is, the machine is building an army that has no problem wiping out locals, and could turn on us at any time.

And a consideration:

3) Echo currently controls the army, but could that change? I don't know. She's a powerful Jack, so maybe.

Any group thoughts?

Isida: great dilemma, I think.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads