The City Arcana [3.5][Mature][Dark]

moritheil

First Post
So, combat could be over, but if you wanted to get in any last shots, now's a good time. I'll wait another ~12 hours for actions and then post some sort of wrap-up to that.

moritheil

First Post
Here is my plan, for inquiring minds: we will finish Combat II, I will assign Combat II exp, and then I'll distribute a nice present of bonus XP for RP. You can also do your appraise checks or painstaking searches then :)

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
I think the others should smack down the remaining zombies, so that they won't come haunting us later. Dzax can't move near them or they snap out of it, but the others can give them a beating freely.

moritheil

First Post
Well, nobody wanted to change their actions, and we need to keep things moving.

Total XP to date: 90 (combat 1) + 120 (combat 2) + 200 (RP) = 410

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
My apologies to the DM and the other players, but Monkey is going to have to bail out.

This isn't any sort of negative comment against you, moritheil, I'm just finding the game to not be my style.

Thanks for having me and good gaming everyone! :D

moritheil

First Post
My apologies to the DM and the other players, but Monkey is going to have to bail out.

This isn't any sort of negative comment against you, moritheil, I'm just finding the game to not be my style.

Thanks for having me and good gaming everyone! :D

I'm not really sure that we've seen enough of the game proper to judge it, as this is just the intro side-quest . . . but certainly that decision is yours to make. Will you give your character a reason for bowing out?

crazy_monkey1956

First Post
Well, he's suffering from "5 minute workday" syndrome at the moment (out of useful spells already). ;)

I don't have a good IC reason for him to bow out other than something based on that.

moritheil

First Post
Well, we could say that this has gotten far too complicated for his liking - he started out to rescue some kids and now he's dealing with undead kobolds and the like.

I want to point out, for all the players, that I am now considering whether or not this is a flaw of my style: I tend to introduce the setting of a world and the main story of a campaign in two different parts. Somehow it always feels wrong for me to introduce both setting and story simultaneously.

It's not that the kidnapping story arc isn't related at all to the eventual story (it is, though whether or not your characters will put it together is in doubt), but "realistically" speaking, it seemed more natural for the party to gain the trust of the city by doing a first adventure, and then get moved up into more crucial roles. I figured the party could work out how to do combat, divide duties, what the interaction between different members would be like, etc. in this time.

I also am used to PCs who examine everything very, very carefully, and continually posit theories about how things are related; in a case where people aren't happy with being given puzzles and no clear answers, I can see where my storytelling might fall a little flat.

If you have feedback, I'll happily listen to it.

Remove ads