D&D 5E The Clean Sheet

Jerig128

First Post
Oh wow, I had no idea there were extra things that could be accessed through the layers. That's awesome! Well now, if it's not too much trouble for you, you'd be able to make "tailor fit" sheets. Cause that 2ed page spell thing turning into notes is amazingly well done. What about a way to have the spell data on the third sheet in layer form? Have the data in one layer and just more spell spaces in another? This layer system opens up a TON of excellent design space.
As I said, hopefully it's not too much work for you, cause once I get a grip on this, I'm sure I'll have some neat ideas.

Dexta

First Post
Hi, i m pretty new to D&D but i really like your character sheet. Any chance you could upload a filled out form for reference?

asorel

First Post
Hi, i m pretty new to D&D but i really like your character sheet. Any chance you could upload a filled out form for reference?

This is the one I drew up for a 1st-level character, I hope it helps.

Attachments

• D&D 5e Sheet Sorel.pdf
    254.3 KB · Views: 534

jopacr

First Post
Definitely revamp the spells entry fields.
-A page number entry is always nice, but can be written in manually I suppose
-Spell name can be shortened, what with the handy auto format shrinking the text
-Target/Range either separated or made longer
-Concentration/Ritual? entry
-I love the prep check mark/radio button, handy
-The BIG takeaway here is the effect/duration field, needs to be separated and effect needs to be made much larger

I would use one line per spell personally, and give at a little less than half the entry all to effect. Short form can only go so far, and if you have to look up the spell every time you want to use it to hammer out the details, it defeats the purpose of using the sheet.

Gretkatillor

First Post
That's good to know, as I was thinking of adding the option of a single column spell list but wondered if there was need for it.

There's lot of things I'm trying out, so stay tuned.

Definitely revamp the spells entry fields.
-A page number entry is always nice, but can be written in manually I suppose
-Spell name can be shortened, what with the handy auto format shrinking the text
-Target/Range either separated or made longer
-Concentration/Ritual? entry
-I love the prep check mark/radio button, handy
-The BIG takeaway here is the effect/duration field, needs to be separated and effect needs to be made much larger

I would use one line per spell personally, and give at a little less than half the entry all to effect. Short form can only go so far, and if you have to look up the spell every time you want to use it to hammer out the details, it defeats the purpose of using the sheet.

asorel

First Post
I'm looking forward to the new version. I'm in no hurry, as the current iteration is working more than well enough for me, but do you think you could give an estimate on the release date of the revamp?

Gretkatillor

First Post
I hope to finish it in about four weeks. It's taking quite long because I'm trying to add as much options as possible at once. The reason for this is that after each redesign (minor or major), all interactive elements need to be configured again, which is very tedious. Stuff I'm working on (no promises!):

- jack of all trades
- non-printing buttons to configure the layout (which will be remembered) and resetting pages
- tri-state buttons for the skills (grey for proficiency, black for expertise)
- better use of space on page 1 and minor design improvements in general
- portrait option (as suggested)
- example characters (as separate files)
- variant encumbrance
- improved coding (better for future customization)
- labels for traits, flaws etc. (maybe)
- non-printing button to add racial traits in one go (maybe)
- non-printing button to add packs/kits to the inventory (maybe)
- import/export (maybe)
- single-column spellbook with more options (maybe)

I considered moving the spellcasting to the third page as an option, but the space it would create is hard to use otherwise (without changing everything).

I'm looking forward to the new version. I'm in no hurry, as the current iteration is working more than well enough for me, but do you think you could give an estimate on the release date of the revamp?

Last edited:

Jerig128

First Post
all interactive elements need to be configured again, which is very tedious

Honestly, if interactive elements are causing problems, I would not weep if they were scrapped - I prefer writing in pencil on my characters sheets anyway. It's like you have a fantastic game and wait 6 months to publish cause you're tweaking the specs for the Occulus Rift. All of 10 people REALLY care about the Rift meanwhile everyone else just want the base game.
Up to you man, you're doing great work, can't wait to see it.

asorel

First Post
Honestly, if interactive elements are causing problems, I would not weep if they were scrapped - I prefer writing in pencil on my characters sheets anyway. It's like you have a fantastic game and wait 6 months to publish cause you're tweaking the specs for the Occulus Rift. All of 10 people REALLY care about the Rift meanwhile everyone else just want the base game.
Up to you man, you're doing great work, can't wait to see it.

To each their own, but, in addition to the compact layout, the auto-calculating layers are the main reason I'm using this sheet. It really speeds up character creation and leveling up.

Also, it's probably too late to change the format of the sheet, but I would imagine that using Excel or a similar platform would make the autocalculating portions less tedious.

Gretkatillor

First Post
It's not the calculations as such (that part is actually quite fun) but linking the code, setting proper fonts etc. in Acrobat after the the sheet is exported from the design program. It's a lot of little things to do and to double-check.

To each their own, but, in addition to the compact layout, the auto-calculating layers are the main reason I'm using this sheet. It really speeds up character creation and leveling up.

Also, it's probably too late to change the format of the sheet, but I would imagine that using Excel or a similar platform would make the autocalculating portions less tedious.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases