• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The CORE of the Matter

Do you use CORE classes more than Non Core?

• Poll closed .

DiamondB

Explorer
Supporter
I use pretty much exclusively CORE classes. Right now my only source of gaming is online, so as a GM (I've yet to play) it just makes sense to stick with what is available only in the SRD. Makes it easy for those who don't have books.

JustaPlayer

First Post
I look for things that would be interesting in a particular campaign. It doesn't have to be from a WOTC product either. I played a Shaman from the Hunt in Ravenloft. I was looking to play an Arcane Warrior from Blackmoor in DragonLance (didn't play in the campaign though my friend had approved the class). I have been known to play barbarians or sorcerers or clerics as well.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Yes, except I must object to using the bard as representiative of the core classes.
palizaconsilla7eo.gif

This isn't on purpose - it's just the way things work out. I'm equally happy to play an interesting alternative class as a core class.

DragonLancer

Adventurer
Teflon Billy said:
I basically only allow core classes. I find the Prestige Classes tend to be wonky in terms of power/utility (ususally upward) and I've long thought that most concepts can be well-realized by clever multiclassing.

What he said. :)

Azgulor

Adventurer
Since I play Conan and probably wouldn't touch a standard D&D campaign, I voted Non-core.

The d20 system is growing on me, but almost exclusively because of OGL and d20 Modern/Grim Tales systems.

Azgulor

I think the answers are worded so poorly that folks are not sure which to vote for--the YES answer to the poll also seems to imply core classes, making it unclear which vote really is which.

I'm a bit tired of core classes and races. One of the reasons I like Eberron. My next character might be either a changeling ninja, a shifter ranger/barbarian/scout or an Empty Vessel Soulknife in Eberron. It looks like my next campaign might be Greyhawk Age of Worms, though--I still might go with the shifter ranger/barbarian/scot or a changeling ninja if my DM doesn't mind. Or a human soulknife.

Quasqueton

First Post
Teflon Billy said:
I basically only allow core classes. I find the Prestige Classes tend to be wonky in terms of power/utility (ususally upward) and I've long thought that most concepts can be well-realized by clever multiclassing.
Quoted for truth.

Quasqueton

Romnipotent

First Post
how is Clicky Click I wanna be involved beating no? hehehehe. Which I only included because if all alse fails have a silly/explain button so you can let everyone vote.

I am starting up a new game, I have a drow arcane archer core based, a cleric from Arcanis, a Thri-kreen Scout from Darksun, a Halfling something from Eberron, and a Dragonscape Half Giant Monk. For those with a twinkling of the Oathbound ethos, you'll spot the setting like that! and bright stars shining in the sky.
So they're tending more towards core than non core, despite races, classes are looking more core.

The reason I asked this was because in "Whats your characters base classs" most people were saying (not voting) things not on the poll. So wheres those people.

Now to quote the film "The Core" : some BS about making the earth core a spinning top with nukes...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads