• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The CORE of the Matter

Do you use CORE classes more than Non Core?

• Poll closed .

Romnipotent

First Post
With recent polls and the like, its turned up that many many many people are not using the PHB for the core class of a character. Maybe its Marshal, Psion, Favoured Soul, or if you like to... Healer.

So ENWorlders, Do you use the "CORE" Classes more than the Non-Core?

Wombat

First Post
I chose the third option to say "It All Depends On The Campaign".

For example, in my current campaign we primarily use the classes in AU, with a bit from a couple other third-party books, so no Core Classes at all.

In the previous campaign it was a mix of Core and non-Core classes.

So, I'm generally open...

TheGM

First Post
I severely limit the options in my world, making all core classes available, and few prestige or non-core classes. So I voted for my players.

Teflon Billy

Explorer
I basically only allow core classes. I find the Prestige Classes tend to be wonky in terms of power/utility (ususally upward) and I've long thought that most concepts can be well-realized by clever multiclassing.

ThirdWizard

First Post
Lets see, in one campaign we have: Fighter/Rogue, Barbarian, Ranger. And in the second we have: Cleric, Paladin, Warmage. In a previous one it was Fighter/Rogue, Wizard, Cleric, Samurai, Hexblade. Those are all the campaigns I've played since Complete Warrior, with the first new base classes that we used in our games.

So, heavily leaning toward Core.

Remove ads