The Derp Snake

mellored

Legend
No no no no... Your suggestion affects the character.

DERPED is a condition that affects *the player*. What are you going to do, give your players a concussion? I don't know about you, but where I live, that's assault! But you can make your player roll a d12 without going to jail :p
The player cannot cast spells, activate magic items, look at any dice rolls, and can only communicate by saying 'derp'.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
The player cannot cast spells, activate magic items, look at any dice rolls, and can only communicate by saying 'derp'.
Since the player has his INT back, he can find a Morse Code chart, and communicate by repeating "derp" in the proper rhythm and with properly-spaced pauses.

To Save: Compose a very long discussion you want to have with the DM (perhaps about finding a cure for the condition) and launch into it when he would rather be doing something else - like eating pizza or getting a refill on his drink.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Since the player has his INT back, he can find a Morse Code chart, and communicate by repeating "derp" in the proper rhythm and with properly-spaced pauses.
Sounds like exactly the kind of skilled, concentration-requiring activity that being derped would interfere with...

mellored

Legend

To Save: Compose a very long discussion you want to have with the DM (perhaps about finding a cure for the condition) and launch into it when he would rather be doing something else - like eating pizza or getting a refill on his drink.
I would consider cellphones, laptops, and cars to be magical devices.

So that's a plot hook to go on a quest to the library and find the right book out of hundreds or possibly thousands. (can't ask the librarian or use their computer). Could be pretty tricky.

CM

Adventurer
Permanently crossed eyes, and general clumsiness, giving disadvantage on Perception checks and Dex checks.

Edit: Didn't read the OP, oops.

Player re-rolls secret initiative each round, but doesn't know when they go until their turn comes up.

Last edited:

Remove ads