The Doomed Bastards: Reckoning (story complete)

pallandrome

First Post
*grin* It would be interesting to have a wizard as competant as his requisite intelligence might suggest. I suspect Zosimos might not be dead QUITE yet.

rathlighthands

First Post
Int really?

I question his intelligence right now, that was stuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid. But he is arrogant and self centered enough that I am sure he is not taking a huge risk here, not too mention, lets be honest. How many of us have played spellcasters in a tough fight and thought "if worse comes to worse, I can always get outta here.......but the others"

jensun

First Post
I am loving the updates LB.

I am curious about one thing. Who was the person who surprised Varo in a previous update? I suspect it was the Marshall but it isnt clear and of course that may be intentional on your part.

Richard Rawen

First Post
Well jfaller, there goes our Rogue hopes... *sigh*
I mean, he may indeed survive due to one trick or another, but honestly no rogue worth his soft boots would have been hit by that thing... so he is indeed a mere wizard, and Dungannon may very well have been correct.

Fun read LB, short, but fun :)

jfaller

First Post
Hey Richard, "honestly no rogue worth his soft boots would have been hit by that thing"... Heck, no rogue would've been caught anywhere NEAR that monstrosity.

LB can't possibly hate arcanists THAT much can he? I haven't read anything that he's written before this so I'm working on intuition here... but from what you vetrans have said, it sounds as if indeed, he does NOT like them. Sam I am. ;-)

wolff96

First Post
jfaller said:
LB can't possibly hate arcanists THAT much can he? I haven't read anything that he's written before this so I'm working on intuition here... but from what you vetrans have said, it sounds as if indeed, he does NOT like them. Sam I am. ;-)

There are two things with EXCEEDINGLY short lifespans in LB's stories:
1) Good aligned clerics.
2) Arcane Casters.

The absolute worst risk for life insurance is the cleric. The arcane caster is just behind that, but not by much.

Regardless, this time around it's just a fake-out... Dimension Door is the perfect spell for this and must have been the plan to begin with -- since otherwise, he would be trapped with it behind the wall.

Don't get too attached to the wizard, though... Rappan Athuk is ridiculously lethal, and LB has a Pen of Arcane-Caster Bane.

Remove ads