• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Dream Team

Jemal

Adventurer
Rumble groaned and turned to face the security guards. "Oh bloody... Figers you'd show up right AFTER I kill the monsters that just HAPPEN to explode when they die."

He looked around not-too-hopefully for some trace of the alien things. "Don't s'pose you guys got cameras up here ta back my story up? Anyways, I... Hey, look, kids, put the toys away, they aint gonna do squat." He smacked a hand hard against his chest "I'm Bullet proof... doncha know who I am? *Sigh* Allright, look, lets head inside and talk t'yer boss, I'll come along t'clear things up and find out why they wanted ta take out yer guys towers here, but if ya don't put them pea-shooters away, I'll do it for ya."

He looked at them expectantly, arms crossed.

Shayuri

First Post
Genesis pauses, then says brightly, "All right then! Sorry to bother you folks. City officials are on edge, I guess, with all the hero stuff going on. You guys take care."

She puts a hand on Tendril's shoulder and starts to leave, pulling the other hero with her and gesturing Fusion to follow.

(You might wanna roll Bluff to see if she conceals her reaction decently. :))

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Jemal said:
Rumble groaned and turned to face the security guards. "Oh bloody... Figers you'd show up right AFTER I kill the monsters that just HAPPEN to explode when they die."

He looked around not-too-hopefully for some trace of the alien things. "Don't s'pose you guys got cameras up here ta back my story up? Anyways, I... Hey, look, kids, put the toys away, they aint gonna do squat." He smacked a hand hard against his chest "I'm Bullet proof... doncha know who I am? *Sigh* Allright, look, lets head inside and talk t'yer boss, I'll come along t'clear things up and find out why they wanted ta take out yer guys towers here, but if ya don't put them pea-shooters away, I'll do it for ya."

He looked at them expectantly, arms crossed.

The guard in the rear places a hand on his younger partner's shoulder as he holsters his sidearm.

"Put it away, Greg," he says. Then to Rumble, the older guard says, "Let's get inside, Bulletproof. We can sort this out downstairs."

Greg holsters his sidearm. As Rumble gets in out of the rain, he gets a better look at the security guards. Greg, the younger one, is probably in his early 20s, and he obviously takes care of himself with regular, serious work outs. The older, whose nametag identifies him as "Robinson," is taller and heavier. He has the look of a college athlete whose gone soft now that he's nearing forty. Both men wear Astro Labs uniforms: dark blue khakis, short-sleeved button-down collar shirts, round silver badges bearing the A within a hydrogen atom blazon. Rumble also cannot help but notice that their sidearms aren't any familiar pistol.

"I'm John," says the older guard as he leads the way down the stairs and to an elevator. He pushes the down button after inserting a cardkey into a slot. "This is Greg. You're right, we do have cameras, but the only thing we saw on them was you flailing around on the roof. What's this about 'monsters'?"

Jemal

Adventurer
"Well John, they was big, green, nasty, alien-lookin worms with wings. They blew up into water when I hit them, but not before they knocked over them towers on yer roof... ya tellin me the one time I'm in a bout where I gots a camera T'back me up and It don't even see them? hmmph, just my luck." Rumble frowned as he kept pace with the guards "There was three o them, I followed'em across the city cuz I figured they probly weren't up t'no good, flying around in this weather. When I got closer, I saw what they looked like, den when I tried t'talk to'em, they attacked me an the building. One'a them even got a bolt a lightning close enough ta singe my back hairs. OH, and uh, I may've been a bit misleadin' earlier, my name aint bulletproof, that's just one'a my gifts. I'm Rumble."

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
Shayuri said:
Genesis pauses, then says brightly, "All right then! Sorry to bother you folks. City officials are on edge, I guess, with all the hero stuff going on. You guys take care." She puts a hand on Tendril's shoulder and starts to leave, pulling the other hero with her and gesturing Fusion to follow.

[sblock=Bluff vs. Sense Motive checks]Genesis's Bluff check. (1d20=5)
Opposed Sense Motive checks for Genesis's Bluff. (1d20+1=19, 1d20+1=17, 1d20+1=12)[/sblock]

All three men undergo startling transformations. Shapes crawl beneath their skin, swarming up necks, across faces. One man's eye bulges so much it's a miracle it doesn't pop free from his skull. Then, with sickening cracks!, their mouths drop open and accompanied by a horrible mixture of retching and buzzing, each man vomits forth an agitated swarm that fills the hallway with angry, stinging blood red hornets, each the size of a man's thumb!

OOC: Everyone gain a hero point as the villains use Seize Initiative to get the drop on you. We've got several rolls to make:

1. Initiative.
2. Fort saves.
3. Tou saves.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
OOC rolls:
Initiative (1d20+4=17)
Fortitude: +5 (1d20+5=22)
Toughness +7 (1d20+7=11)

IC

Tendril screams a warning in Kelly's mind, not words merely a primal primitive sense of panic. But his warning is too late as the hornets get the drop on her. A flurry of green vines lash outwards to attempt to shield her body from damage.

"Look out!" Kelly screams to the others as her mind slowly registers what Tendril is trying to say to her.

Mark Chance

Boingy! Boingy!
OOC for Genesis, Fusion, and Tendril: Don't forget to post desired actions as well. Also, if you're uncomfortable with a die result (say, an 11 Toughness save), feel free to spend a HP for the reroll. Remember to count a HP reroll as granting an additional +9 bonus as per our house rule.

:)

Shayuri

First Post
(arr, my post will have to wait apparently...I'm visiting relatives for Thanksgiving, and their primitive computer isn't interfacing with my flashdrive...so I don't have my character info. I'll be home tomorrow afternoon, so it shan't be long)

Shayuri

First Post
Init: 20 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1395751
Fort: 18 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1395753
Toughness: 19 http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=1395754

Genesis recoils from the bugs, instinctively drawing on her powers. Sizzling noises emanate amidst flares of waste energy as new plates of metal and composite start to materialize around her armor's weaker points, and another layer of thickness is added to vitals and helmet.

As she did, a shape started stitching itself into reality, blazing with light as it went. A small nozzle in her hand, connected by an armored cable to a futuristic backpack.

(adding Impervious +10 to my armor and, if possible, starting to manifest a flamethrower too. :))

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
OOC: I think I'll just go ahead and take my licks on the toughness save since I didn't say anything about it at first I don't like going back and changing.

IC:
Tendril shakes her whole body and extends a tenticle in the direction of the hornets. A cloud of pollen bursts around her attackers filling the air.

OOC:
Pollen burth is area effect (cloud) of Stun

Remove ads