The EN World IRON DM 2019 Tournament Scheduling Thread

Rune

Once A Fool
Yes, although I do want to remind/inform all parties (self included) that daylight savings time ends this weekend and, thus, before the start of this match. Just to make sure everyone’s on the same schedule!

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
I've got to get my little ones to bed since they are not convinced by my demands to go to sleep. I plan to grade the entries tomorrow night. Sorry for the delay.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
My final scoring is here:

Wisdom Seeker

Wandering Warrior
I strongly agree with the overall judgment, even if I don't agree with some of the reasoning. In my opinion, Iron Sky made extremely good use of most of the ingredients, though the formatting deserves revision. His adventure's flexibility also gave him a well-deserved edge. I don't usually write anything stronger than five-room dungeons (I rely tremendously on improvisation), so most of the feedback here is extremely useful for me in terms of designing written adventures rather than writing settings and hastily adjusting on the fly to player action.

Last edited:

Rune

Once A Fool
Congratulations @Iron Sky!
I strongly agree with the overall judgment, even if I don't agree with some of the reasoning. In my opinion, Iron Sky made extremely good use of most of the ingredients, though the formatting deserves revision. His adventure's flexibility also gave him a well-deserved edge. I don't usually write anything stronger than five-room dungeons (I rely tremendously on improvisation), so most of the feedback here is extremely useful for me in terms of designing written adventures rather than writing settings and hastily adjusting on the fly to player action.

The other two judges haven’t weighed in, yet, though. Until they do, you might want to hide any commentary on the match behind spoiler tags. And when you do, the other thread is the better place for it, since this one will fade into obscurity after the tournament ends.

Wisdom Seeker

Wandering Warrior
The other two judges haven’t weighed in, yet, though. Until they do, you might want to hide any commentary on the match behind spoiler tags. And when you do, the other thread is the better place for it, since this one will fade into obscurity after the tournament ends.
Understood.

Gradine

The Elephant in the Room (she/her)
I have read both entries and my judgment is written. I will wait for Radiating Gnome's judgment before posting my own and announcing the results. I will say that I enjoyed both entries quite a bit.

Remove ads