The Enemy Within

Insight

Adventurer
Kuftos looks over at Kildrak.

"I didn't send anyone after you in Altdorf," he says. "That must have been local trouble, unless someone else is after Leiberung."

He hands the documents back to Hans.

"Well you won't get anything from this inheritence - it's a fake. I should know, I sent it to Leiberung to entice him out of hiding." He rubs his beard and gives a wheezing laugh. "I don't normally subcontract, but.... The Purple Hand took an interest in 'Leiberung' in Altdorf, chances are they might try to make contact in Bögenhafen when he arrives to collect his windfall. If you'd be willing to be the cheese in a mousetrap, perhaps we can come to some agreement."

Hans smiles. "I could be agreeable to this. I don't mind. In fact, I'm rather good at getting myself OUT of trouble. Let's come up with a plan."

FourMonos

First Post
I might be able to get close to the cultists, or they might approach me, but I won't be able to fake a whole lot. They'll be onto us."

Garold spreads his hands, smiling to group, "But Hans, we just tell them the truth! Leiberung was set upon by mutants before Altdorf. We (indicating the comrades) rescued him. He is extremely grateful, maybe even recruiting us to the cause or paying us for our services. But! Since the blow to the head, Leiburung has lots of short term memory problems. Can't remember names, needs reminders on what they were planning, et cetera."

Walking Dad

First Post
Gorim Grimmson

"Nice plan. But what if they want to see his purple dragon mark?"
Gorim asks.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Gorim Grimmson
Perception: 13 Insight: 13 Low-light Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 17 Reflex 12 Will 13
Initiative: +2
Hit Points: 37 / 37 Bloodied: 18
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Resist:
Saving Throw: -
Action Points: 1 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge:9 Surges per day: 12 / 12
At-Will Powers: Brash Strike, Cleave
Encounter Powers: Dwarven Resilience, Hack and Hew, Boundless Endurance
Daily Powers: Driving Attack

Condition:

[/sblock][/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
"Good question. They don't really have any reason to suspect he isn't Leiberung, right? And we have paperwork that says he is who he is. As long as we don't do anything too suspicious." Garold smiles at the last comment.

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kuftos checks on the status of his hired men whilst this conversation is ongoing. Those who were merely knocked out he helps up and sends them back to Weißbrück. When the last is accounted for, dead or alive, he turns back to the group.

"Good, well," he rasps. "It sounds like you have a plan. I'll meet you in Bögenhafen in three days time to see what's come up."

"Now wait a minute," says Josef, jumping from the barge with great agility for a big man. "What about the damage to the Berebeli? You owe me."

Kuftos looks Josef in the eye. Beards bristle. Josef's is bigger. Kuftos takes a purse from his belt and hands it to Josef.

"Pay for repairs from this, share the rest between you. As a down-payment." With a laconic salute he recovers his crossbow and wanders off in the direction of Weißbrück.

[sblock=OOC]
The purse contains 100 gold crowns, a fairly extravagent amount. Josef actually reckons the repairs could be done for a few shillings, so you can divide the whole lot.

Unless there is any other business to take care of, I'll move along to Shadows Over Bögenhafen shortly.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Depending on how the group divides the money, Garold keeps only a small bit of coin for meals for himself. The rest he gives to Josef for his time, company and allowing the group to travel with the boatman.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Aaryn counts out an even share of the gold for himself then hands the purse onward.
OOC: We have five or six? If five he takes 20 coins. If six, he takes 16.

Remove ads