The Enemy Within

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kufto looks at Hans, and laughs, a hoarse wheeze of a laugh.

"Well of course you'd say that, Leiberung. Perhaps I should tell your friends here what you and your sick pals in the Purple Hand get up to?"

[sblock=OOC]
Pretty good transcription. The months are Brauzeit (=September) and Jahrdrung (=February, the current month), city name is Altdorf and Kastor Leiberung holds the title(?) of Magister Impedimentae.

[MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION], no particular rules concerning retraining etc. Just standard.
[/sblock]

FourMonos

First Post
Garold whispers in Hans's ear, "Do you still have the letter from the dead bloke we found that looked like you? I think this is a matter of mistaken identity."

He then steps closer to the bearded man, kneels in front of his sitting form "Alright then, convince me. Tell me more. We haven't killed you outright. Already, you must wonder why? You weren't expecting all of us. We just started traveling together with him (indicating Hans) recently. What is your vendetta against Leiberung? Who is this Purple Hand?"

Insight

Adventurer
Garold whispers in Hans's ear, "Do you still have the letter from the dead bloke we found that looked like you? I think this is a matter of mistaken identity."

He then steps closer to the bearded man, kneels in front of his sitting form "Alright then, convince me. Tell me more. We haven't killed you outright. Already, you must wonder why? You weren't expecting all of us. We just started traveling together with him (indicating Hans) recently. What is your vendetta against Leiberung? Who is this Purple Hand?"

Hans produces the letter found earlier on. "Maybe this will help clear things up. I can guarantee that I am in no Purple Hand. No idea what he's talking about."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kuftos looks at the letter, then back at Hans. Then he laughs again, but this time there is genuine humour in it.

"Oh, my friend," he says. "It looks like you really were in the wrong place at the wrong time, with the wrong face! There is one way we can prove this for sure. Leiberung has a tattoo of a purple hand on the left side of his chest. Show me. Show your friends here that you're not him."

Dr Simon

Explorer
Kuftos heaves a sigh and closes his eyes for a moment.

"Looks like you were right," he says. "Damn. Tell me more about this man you found on the road, and I'll tell you what I can about the Purple Hand. But untie me first."

FourMonos

First Post
"What's so important you tracked us halfway across the kingdom to try and eliminate this Lieberung? And now what do you plan to do now you know he's dead?"

Dr Simon

Explorer
"As to the first question, I had a commission. As a professional I like to fulfill such to my best ability," Kuftos favours Garold with a grim smile. "Further to that, the Cult of the Purple Hand has agents in all the major cities of Reikland, possibly beyond. They are more organised than your typical chaos cultists, which suggests a goal of some kind. No-one knows what that is, not even most of the cult members. Leiberung was a supposedly a high ranking member, I had hoped to get some more information from him before he died."
He rubs the wounds inflicted by Hans, almost absently.

"Two cultists tried to make contact with you back in Altdorf. I killed one as a warning to Leiberung, hoping to spook him. I guess it didn't make much sense to you." Another grim smile. "Maybe I'll try to trace the other one. Or perhaps they'll try to make contact with Leiberung in Bogenhafen."

Remove ads