The Expanse RPG Kickstarter Is Live

The official tabletop roleplaying game of James S.A. Corey's series of sci-fi novels is coming from Green Ronin, and their Kickstarter is live and already funded in under an hour!

Using Green Ronin's own Adventure Game Engine (AGE) rules system, you can check out a free 40-page Quickstart for The Expanse already.

Back for $20 for the PDF, or $50 for the hardcover. Or pay a bit more and get the Special Edition.

"The Expanse Roleplaying Game brings James S.A. Corey’s award-winning series of science fiction novels to the tabletop. Using the Adventure Game Engine (AGE) rules found in Fantasy AGE, Blue Rose, and Modern AGE, The Expanse takes players to a far-future solar system where humanity is divided: Martians, Belters, and the people of old Earth struggle for political power and resources, but even older, alien, forces are stirring in the universe, and human history is about to take an unexpected new turn. The Expanse applies the fast-playing and action-based AGE rules to spaceships, solar colonies, and adventure and intrigue in the far-future, where the actions of the characters may change the course of history!"

pming

Legend
Other way for me, [MENTION=6684404]Superchunk77[/MENTION], I saw this on the front page and thought "The Expanse? Oh, right, I remember hearing they were making an RPG. Cool. Love the show. Nice and "low-tech sci-fi", in a way". Right after that I though "Oh gods, please don't make the system be FATE!". I don't like FATE very much at all...but it seems like a LOT of "TV/Movie" rpg translations are heading to that system or sometimes the Cortex system (which isn't great either, imho).

But now I see it's with the AGE system? :) Cool. I don't mind that system at all, actually, I guess I kinda like it (say, 7 our of 10) ...it's a little 'simple' or 'meta' (I like to have a bit more crunch in a system...even if I then change or ignore bit's of it), but still workable.

Keeping my eye on this game for sure! :)

^_^

Paul L. Ming

Well, honestly: Fate is a narrative engine, while all the game engines you're used to are simulation engines. It's perfectly understandable that you would have issue with the Fate system, since it's just not compatible mentally.

But that's how Fate keeps getting the licences: It's made to follow and create narrative and plot based story design, not a simulation of actions in the story.

I like Cipher, but it's got it's own issues.

Age? Age is D&D stripped down to the bones, really. Nothing wrong with that, but there you have it.

Dire Bare

Legend
How does green ronin keep getting these licenses. It’s awes

Some companies avoid licenses because they can be a pain in the ass. Green Ronin seems to have figured it out and actively pursues quality licenses. And each time they knock it out of the park, makes it more likely the next licensor says "What? You want to make an RPG about our property? Hell Yes!"

Well, honestly: Fate is a narrative engine, while all the game engines you're used to are simulation engines. It's perfectly understandable that you would have issue with the Fate system, since it's just not compatible mentally.
I'm not sure about anybody else, but I find this attitude incredibly offensive. People have different tastes in games, as they do in anything else, but it is a conceit to assert that people are 'mentally' equipped to only deal with only one style of play. Moreover, it's an excuse. If people feel that Fate is not the greatest system in the universe, it is no defense to criticise those people with what are essentially personal attacks. It's not that they are mentally incompatible with the game - it's because they don't like it.

Remove ads

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases