The Faerie Woods [Knight Otu Judging]

Patlin

Explorer
As soon as you step into his throne room, the fey lord springs to his feet.

"Excellent. I see that you have brought the necklace. Give it to me, and our bargain is complete."

Manzanita

First Post
Percy curtsies, and smiles. "Greetings, your lordship. I must again extend my thanks for your help on this quest. Aeric and Fjorn were faultless guides, and, as you surely know, we did defeat the evil redcap and recover the necklace. And we couldn't have done it without the healing globe you included in your gift basket. That was most thoughtful of you."

"If your lordship can spare a moment, though, I must bring up a small issue. It seems those delicious pommegranites you shared with me on my first visit had an odd effect. I can no longer eat the food of men. As the lord of the fey, you must be familiar with this condition. Could you be so kind as to reverse this effect? As pleasing as your food is, I soon must return to my own world."

OOC: Thanks for the tooth, Slagmortar! And perhaps we should have discussed if we wanted to make any demands of the Fey Lord before this meeting. At this point, Percy will just have to wing it. For what it's worth, I was waiting to level her up until after this meeting.

IcyCool

First Post
Manzanita said:
OOC: Thanks for the tooth, Slagmortar! And perhaps we should have discussed if we wanted to make any demands of the Fey Lord before this meeting. At this point, Percy will just have to wing it.

OOC: *chuckles* Well, you've got your very own "halfling" mafia to back you and cast around intimidating stares. That's gotta count for something in your negotiations. ;)

Patlin

Explorer
Snapping his fingers, the Fey Lord summons a sprite, who awaits his command.

"Provide the princess with a vial of Terranis Juice, and a small purse to show our thanks for ridding our realm of that disobedient redcap."

The sprite dashes off to fulfill this command, and he aproaches you. Extending his hand, he says "let me see this so-potent jewelry."

Manzanita

First Post
Having come to trust this Fey Lord, at least to some extent, Percy yeilds up the necklace, bowing her head & offering it up.

"I also have this interesting tooth we recovered from the redcap. The rest of its body dissolved into nothingness. I think it might be worth something."

Patlin

Explorer
The sprite takes the tooth as proof of your deed, and provides a jingling purse in return.

Grasping the necklace, the fey lord activates it. As its power build, he seems to be concentrating, as if to add his own personal power to that of the necklace. A humming sound seems to be coming from the necklace, unlike anything it did when the redcap used it to escape your first melee, and it seems to vibrate as if encountering some sort of resistance.

IcyCool

First Post
Fearing a betrayal, or worse an explosion, Gorefoot steps in front of Percy as if to shield her from harm.

OOC: Well, shield her knees from harm at any rate. :D

Manzanita

First Post
Percy steps back. She realizes she'd been so obsessed with the redcap, she'd never given the necklace much thought. Perhaps she shouldn't have given it to the Fey Lord. What were its powers, beyond teleportation? Oh well, at this point, there wasn't much she could do. She lets her hands slip to Gorefoot's shoulders.

Patlin

Explorer
Something seems to be going wrong with the magic the Fey Lord is attempting to wield. The room seems to shift and distort, and for a moment the walls of the room seem to shift into a likeness of the streets of Orussus, about half a block away from the Red Dragon Inn. Then, with a loud crack, the necklace gripped in the Fey Lord's hand explodes. Smoke and bits of necklace shoot from his hand, but the only sign that he is disturbed by the event is a small frown. He seems to be studdying something in the air, it's not clear what.

Remove ads