The Failure of Gleemax

Khairn

First Post
Gleemax was the only part of the DDI that I felt had some relevance to me as a GM and gamer. It was the part I felt had the most potential and the part I was actually excited about.

The pathetic joke that Gleemax has become is a real shame. But its just another in a long line of examples that illustrates WotC's inability to properly design, implement and launch any kind of electronic support.

The fact that Merric is saying the same thing should speak volumes to WotC.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Devyn said:
is a real shame. But its just another in a long line of examples that illustrates WotC's inability to properly design, implement and launch any kind of electronic support.

The sad thing is that that Wizards has actually been able to properly design, implement and launch electronic support... it's just been for Magic: the Gathering. The website there was great in the latter part of my playing days, it's still great to look up all the rulings and current text on whatever card I'd like.

Magic Online, for all its problems, seems pretty successful. It also seems to have the designers & developers providing regular bug updates and fixes.

It's just on the D&D side of things that Wizards e-support is severely lacking.

Cheers!

Khairn

First Post
MerricB said:
It's just on the D&D side of things that Wizards e-support is severely lacking.
!

I don't think its as cut and dried as that, but I don't really want to quibble about semantics. So I guess as a company WotC's electronic support for their products has been very inconsistent, but for the D&D brand its been pathetic. How does that sound?

JDragon

Explorer
I wish I could say I was surprised, but well I'm not. :-(

The news that parts of the DDI are being "Delayed" is not shocking and seems to follow the pattern of WotC's inability to actually put out what they promise when it comes to electronic products for D&D.

It should be interesting to see how long it takes for it all to crash and burn.

Anybody got some popcorn? :D

GeorgeFields

Explorer
It's kind of late, but check this out:
http://www.gleesux.synthasite.com/

I was a WizO mod for the WotC chat rooms 6-7 years ago. I have to say the community there today pales in comparison to what it was back then. Several of us worked hard to make it a friendly place for gamers to hang out and make friends. I am one of those believing that GamerZer0 is, at least, partially to blame for the new attitudes there; but that is just an opinion of mine.

I've moved on to other boards and forums. The WotC site, in general, almost never gets visits from me anymore.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Devyn said:
I don't think its as cut and dried as that, but I don't really want to quibble about semantics. So I guess as a company WotC's electronic support for their products has been very inconsistent, but for the D&D brand its been pathetic. How does that sound?

Fairly accurate. It hasn't been quite absolutely pathetic for D&D, as there has been stuff on the main Wizards D&D site I've liked, but pathetic fits my feelings on the matter at present. :)

Cheers!

Corsair

First Post
GeoFFields said:
It's kind of late, but check this out:
http://www.gleesux.synthasite.com/

I was a WizO mod for the WotC chat rooms 6-7 years ago. I have to say the community there today pales in comparison to what it was back then. Several of us worked hard to make it a friendly place for gamers to hang out and make friends. I am one of those believing that GamerZer0 is, at least, partially to blame for the new attitudes there; but that is just an opinion of mine.

I've moved on to other boards and forums. The WotC site, in general, almost never gets visits from me anymore.

Speaking as a regular lurker of the CharOp forum as well as an ex-GM for DDO, seeing the interaction between GZ and Autumn recently has been... enlightening.

A'koss

Explorer
I wholeheartedly agree with the sentiments here, the log-in issues, the mods, the general layout of the site. In particular the new "reorganized" boards have created several large messes. I was especially... annoyed when they dumped all the settings not FR or Ebb into a single board which has just made it an odious mess to wade through now.

Remove ads