D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (IC)

Skarsgard

Explorer
OOC: ngoya PP is 17

1d20 + 8=14 stealth

Noticing the sudden movement in the wagon, Ngoya draws her sword and moves over quietly. "What is this!" she calls out as she pushes her sword against the mass that is Kini.

Guang

Explorer
Kini
"A volunteer!" Kini said in a carrying voice as he swung smoothly down to the ground, appearing to pay no attention to the point of the sword that hovered less than an inch from his throat. His backpack was on his back, he was wearing leather armor, a shortbow and quiver were across his back, and the hilts of a shortsword and two daggers were visible. Although his hood was thrown back, exposing a too-large grin on a dark green face, he looked ready to travel....somewhere. "The Needle, eh? Should have a nice breeze off the ocean this time of year. No questions from me, I think."

OOC: probably need an acrobatics check to make Kini's entry look as good as described. If failed, I guess he stumbles a bit and has to grab his gear in several places to make sure it doesn't fall off:
Acrobatics check: [roll0]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Jacobim looks at the stowaway with surprìse, and respectfully nods towards Ngoya. The woman scout was indeed skilled; I'm glad she's with us! he thought to himself.

Then, smirking and ignoring the stoaway, he says to Andus:''Do you often get untested recruits like this?''
Looking at Kini, he adds "Why hide when you could just have joined us? Surely you must have known we would eventually find you, no?''

Guang

Explorer
"Untested? I'd say I did pretty good on that test. None of you except the owner of this blade at my throat had any idea that I was hiding among you. Like some of you, I have skills that can't be learned by marching and drilling. I can infiltrate and gather information, and an uneven fight could suddenly become a fair one if someone were to quietly hamstring an opponent or two." Kini smiled suddenly "I figured hiding in your midst was more polite than piercing a kidney to get your attention. Should I have chosen something more - flashy - than I did?"

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
"Untested? I'd say I did pretty good on that test. None of you except the owner of this blade at my throat had any idea that I was hiding among you. Like some of you, I have skills that can't be learned by marching and drilling. I can infiltrate and gather information, and an uneven fight could suddenly become a fair one if someone were to quietly hamstring an opponent or two." Kini smiled suddenly "I figured hiding in your midst was more polite than piercing a kidney to get your attention. Should I have chosen something more - flashy - than I did?"

Jacobim smiles at the newcomer and adds"Point taken, and glad to make your acquaintance.."

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Din Din (as Gareth Silvertongue)

"Hiding implies that you were trying to avoid getting our attention," Din Din replies. Even though his words are sceptical and somewhat rude, the way he says it and the accompanying smile are nothing but smooth and friendly.

"Surely I understand a certain need for privacy, but I'll have you know that doing your business in our cart will not be appreciated." This time his smile does not reach his eyes, and Kini may get the impression that Gareth Silvertongue does not trust his story.

With an exaggerated sigh, the warlock continues. "But I am not one to judge a potential travelling companion; that is the job of our ray of sunshine over there," Din Din says while pointing towards Lattimer.

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Pressing on the sword a little. "This one chatters like a tree rat!" She grins as she continues "But if he got past you all then he may be as sneaky as one too."

Convinced that there was enough attention on the hapless creature, she sheaths her sword.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Andus was obviously startled by the discovery of Kini but Lattimer just laughs, "Ugliest damn sneak I ever saw. But, hey, maybe you can use him as goblin bait or something along with that gnome." He spits on the ground for emphasis. Lattimer has a very obvious distaste for non-humans.

Andus shrugs and, with the most forward statement he's made since Ngoya met him two days ago, "He's got some skill, sir, that much is certain. Is he coming with us?"

Lattimer sighs, "Yeah, whatever, get going."

OOC: Moving forward a bit to the end of the day. Feel free to embellish the day's travel with a bit of roleplaying.

After leaving the city, the group makes good time heading north along the old stone road toward the ruins of Seattle. The stone roads that crisscross the land used to be called "highways" according to scholars. The ones that are still intact provide a relatively convenient means of travel between settlements.

Andus and the recruits aren't terribly talkative. By the end of the day, with the ocean to the west providing a cool breeze, the group reaches a small cluster of ruined buildings that used to be a small town. The buildings were all stripped of anything useful a long time ago and are now used as shelter for travelers. Several pre-Shattering vehicles, also gutted and now little more than rusty skeletons, dot the stone field nearby, once known as a "parking lot."

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Following the old stone road was proving easy going for the wagon and team, no real chance of getting lost travelling this way. However, noticing the encroachment of trees and vegetation close to the road, there was a potential for ambush. Probably not whilst this close to the city but it never hurt to be safe.

Ngoya roved from one side of the roadway to the other, checking dense pockets of vegetation for potential bandits or signs that observation posts have been set up for long term monotoring. Nothing stood out but she was able to find several fruit trees and nut bushes outside the city limits and filled up her sack with the bounty to take back to the others. She also found several fat spiders and a colony of grubs she quickly harvested and wrapped in some broad leaves before adding them to her stash.

As the wagon stopped for the mid-day meal, Ngoya joins the others. "Nothing to report Andus," she informs their leader. "The way is clear for at least another mile or so."

Moving over to the cooking fire she pulls out her sack, drawing out the wrapped leaves first and then the fruit and nuts, she motions to the others to help themselves before placing the wrapped leaves near the edge of the fire. Several minutes of moving them around with a stick convinced her they will be ready, unwrapping the leaves she pulls out a spider and stuffs it into her mouth with a satisfying crunch she also eats some of the grubs and sighs with pleasure as the warm juices fill her mouth. Wiping her hands on her pants she passes the leaves to the others as she enjoys some of the fruit and nuts.

Remove ads