D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (IC)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Andus and the other recruits balk at the grubby dinner offerings and break in to the rations instead while setting up camp.

Andus says, "Uh, we should set up a watch. Lattimer's Rules #34 - Spellcasters get first or last watch. So, uh...that's you," he indicates Jacobim, "milord and, um, the gnome? Did I miss anyone?"

Jacobim
Jacobim nods solemnly. If it must be so, I will perform my duty. He then nods at Jeremiah and adds I look forward getting to know you better, my diminutive friend

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Andus says, "Well, I guess I'll take a middle watch, too, and, um, one of the recruits will partner up with each of us so...that's...damn, I lost count. Five shifts...is that right? No, wait, six. That means one of us won't have a partner...oh, you know what, I'll just partner with someone. Yeah, there we go."

He starts pairing a recruit with each of the others and ends up with himself left over. "Damnit. I'm sorry, I'm just no good at this. Maybe someone else should take over as field leader." He turns to Jacobim and Gareth, "Sirs, er, milords, perhaps one of you is better suited?"

Meanwhile, Ngoya's sharp eyes catch movement among the skeletal ruins of a building to the northeast, heading toward the group. (Passive Perception 17 strikes again.)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Gareth grins at Andus. "I might be a man of many fine qualities, but sadly organizing an army is not one of them. Perhaps my friend here would be interested in the position?" Gareth says, nodding to the real noble.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
OOC: from post 95, we should be Andus + 5 recruits + Gareth, Ngoya, Jeremiah, Jacobim + Kini, right?

Raising his voice for all to hear, and not giving Andus an answer that is obvious, Jacobim says: "Five shifts, two hours each. Andus, you will stay with me and the little one for the first shift" lowering his voice and speaking directly to Andus, he adds "Please don't have me remind you of your bodyguard duties; you stay close to me", the "please" being a formality. To the others, he points them to pair up, with Ngoya, Gareth and Kini being assigned a recruit.

"Remember, you are responsible for all of us when you are on watch. Sleep when on duty, and you put us all at risk, which is treason." His tone makes it clear what the consequence of treason is.

To Ngoya, Gareth, Kini and the tougher looking of the recruit not with a PC, he adds: "You are in charge for your watch, may you stay alert and luck be with us all!"

Last edited:

Skarsgard

Explorer
Ngoya

Swiftly stringing her bow and rolling to her feet, she hisses. "Andus! Movement, northeast of us."

Now that her hunters instinct has kicked in she tries to make out more detail as she tries to hide herself from sight.

[sblock=perception] 1d20+7=18 [/sblock]

[sblock=hide] 1d20+8=28 [/sblock]

[sblock=ooc] nice when the dice play the game [/sblock]

Guang

Explorer
OOC: "Nice when the dice play the game" Tell me about it.

Are you getting private messages about your guard duty or something? The major emphasis on the watches of the night is kinda going over my head. Feels like Ye Olde Randome Encountyr Table setup.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Jeremiah

After Ngoya alerted them to possible danger, Jeremiah scanned around the area to try and spot the threat and prepare for possible battle, but his short stature makes it tough to see very far around them.

[sblock=Rolls]Perception check=1d20+2=4
Initiative=1d20+0=16[/sblock]
[sblock=Mini Stat Block]Jeremiah
Init: +0
Senses: Darkvision 60'
Passive Perception: 12
Ability Scores: STR 12 (+1), DEX 11 (+0), CON 14 (+2), INT 15 (+2), WIS 14 (+2), CHA 12 (+1)

DEFENSE
AC: 16 (14 from Scale Mail armor, +2 from Shield)
HP: 10 (1d8 +2 Con)
Hit Dice: 1d8 x 1
Saves: Str +1, Dex +0, Con +2, Int +2*, Wis +4*, Cha +3*
*Advantage on INT, WIS, or CHA saves versus magic.

OFFENSE
Speed: 25ft
Melee:
Mace +3 ATK, 1d6+1 Bludgeoning
Dagger +3 ATK, 1d4+1 Piercing (Finesse, Light, Thrown 20/60)
Ranged:
Dagger +2 ATK, 1d4+0 Piercing (Finesse, Light, Thrown 20/60)
Light Crossbow +2 ATK, Range 80/320 ft, 1d8 Piercing damage (Ammo x20, loading, 2 handed)
Sacred Flame +4 ATK, Range 60ft, visible target makes DC 12 DEX save or takes 1d8 Radiant damage (with no benefit from cover).

Spellcasting: (Primary Ability: WIS, Spell Save DC: 12, Spell Attack Bonus: +4)

Cantrips:
0-Light
0-Mending
0-Sacred Flame

Spells Prepared: (Cleric level 1 + INT mod +2 = 3 per day)
1-Cure Wounds
1-Create or Destroy Water
1-Purify Food & Drink
D1-Command
D1-Identify

Spell Slots:
Level 1= 2/2[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Don't roll initiative unless the DM calls for it. ;)

The recruits scatter to find cover. Ngoya vanishes in the dusk light behind a jagged bit of building. She sees humanoid shapes moving around the ruins, approaching the group. She catches a glimpse of a weapon - shiny and metallic, possibly something from before the Shattering.

A strange roar echoes through the ruins. A two-wheeled...thing with high handle-bars and customized to resemble a demon, roars up the stone road, spewing black smoke behind it.

An orc rode the noxious thing. Jeremiah had heard of vehicles like this, they were called motorcyles. Orc, human, and half-orc gangs used to use them to roam the midwest in the years after the Shattering, but an intact and operational one hadn't been seen in centuries due to their fuel being used up.

The orc throttled down his wheeled beast and bellowed, "Hand over your valuables and we might let you live!" Quite articulate for an orc.

Remove ads