D&D 5E The Fall of Blackmoor (IC)

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Upon hearing Andus defending his superior's behavior, Din Din tries to gauge Jacobim's reaction. Not waiting fot the noble to respond, however, Din Din smiles warmly. "No need to apologize; everyone is responsible for his own actions. And Lattimer has not offended me, at least not yet. So, can you tell me when we're leaving, exactly? I hope it will be soon, because I get bored quickly."

Guang

Explorer
Only Mouse remains behind for a moment. The quiet young man's voice is barely a whisper, "You gonna tell Raggus you leavin'?"
Kini
Kini shifted uncomfortably at the question. "I know I should tell him - I will tell him. Later. For now I've got a job to do." He started moving towards Gareth's last known location, then turned and met Mouse's eyes for the first time. "I won't forget where I came from, and I won't forget all of you." He turned again and melted into the shadows cast from nearby buildings.

Later, Kini had managed to find a nice spot within hearing distance of normal conversation to "Gareth". It was a small gap between buildings, with nice complicated shadows falling across his dark green skin, helping him to blend in. The city was full of such places.

Stealth check (hope this works!) [roll0]

OOC: Hi JustinCase/Din Din! Note to DM: Would love to join/follow the expedition in the morning.

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
OOC: Hi Guang / Kini. Spying on me, are you? ;)
DM, do you want me to roll a Perception check or something?

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
OOC: Not yet. In this circumstance, Kini's stealth check would be vs. Gareth's Passive Perception since Gareth/Din Din isn't actively looking around.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Upon hearing Andus defending his superior's behavior, Din Din tries to gauge Jacobim's reaction. Not waiting fot the noble to respond, however, Din Din smiles warmly. "No need to apologize; everyone is responsible for his own actions. And Lattimer has not offended me, at least not yet. So, can you tell me when we're leaving, exactly? I hope it will be soon, because I get bored quickly."

Jacobim

Aloof, Jacobim nods at Gareth's/Din Din's comment. Andus is it? No worries, you cannot be blamed for his insolence. However, since you seem to be strong and with adequate manners, I assign you as my personal guard. I hope you appreciate the privilege I am giving you; and your loyalty will be rewarded. Jacobim knows that one of his station rarely gets the opportunity to interact with nobles. Not being affected by the sleep spell has to have its advantages, and who knows, perhaps he will prove to be worthy.

Turning to Gareth/Din Din. "You sir, will make this journey delightful. I am quite thrilled to rub elbows with one of my own station. Please allow me to introduce myself, I am Jacobim the seventh, of house Mugatu". he says, bowing with decorum. His provincial ways are bound to be amusing. he thinks to himself.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Kini, Jacobim, and Din Din

Kini finds the faux noble at the barracks training yard with another noble, this one appearing to be genuine, and one of the recruits that cycle through the city's scout corps on a frequent basis.

Andus replies to Gareth, "Tomorrow morning most likely, sir." Upon hearing Jacobim's appointment of him as a personal bodyguard, Andus stammers, "I...uh...that is, I...Thank you, sir."

Jeremiah and Ngoya

The piggish noble eventually takes his leave of the market square, allowing the merchants and patrons to resume their day and Ngoya and Jeremiah to continue on their way.

OOC: If everyone approves, we can fast forward to the next morning and departing the city for the ruins of Seattle. Though Kini isn't officially part of the group, yet, he can certainly introduce himself in the morning, or follow the group and make his presence known later. Any objections?

Remove ads