log in or register to remove this ad

 

The Fall of Plaguestone


log in or register to remove this ad



FitzTheRuke

Legend
OOC: I missed spotting that spoiler tag. Not as perceptive as our Hiromi!


As Hiromi pushed forward, she spotted a trip rope, "Yikes!" she said, "Watch out, everyone, Hallod's up to his old tricks as usual!"

She hopped over the trip line, vaulted over a crate, and came down low between the two rows of objects.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Unsure what Hallod’s usual tricks are but cautious to a fault, Mortimer ducks behind a crate.

”What? Where?” he hisses at Hiromi.

Then, louder, he addresses their foe.

”Hallod, please surrender. You are outnumbered and your ruse is done. Even if you somehow defeat us, the sheriff will know what you’ve done and you know he won’t care about your no doubt good reasons. Give up now and we may figure out a solution for all of us.”

OOC:
Action 1: Hide behind a crate.
Action 2: Perception: 1D20+6 = [12]+6 = 18 (failed)
Action 3: Diplomacy: 1D20+7 = [20]+7 = 27 (nat 20)
 

Leatherhead

Possibly a Idiot.
"Much obliged." Grimsby thanks Silvi before turning to their foe.
Hallod's challenge provoked Grimsby to do the same. The dwarf's body seemingly growing to match the growth from the potion. With sudden ferocity, he charges forward, triggering one trap, but avoiding the second. At the end of the charge, the barbarian brings his hammer down.

OOC:
Actions:
1. Rage (-1 AC, +4 Temp HP, +6 melee damage on Oversized weapons)
2+3. Sudden Charge (Stride, Stride, Strike)
Moving next to Hallod, if possible (not quite sure if 40 movement is enough to get up on the birm) , and attacking.

Proving the trap doesn't do something like stop Grimsby in his tracks, that is.

Perception 1: 1D20+7 = [3]+7 = 10
Perception 2: 1D20+7 = [14]+7 = 21
Maul Strike with Rage.: 1D20+7 = [15]+7 = 22 1D12+10 = [3]+10 = 13

 


Pak squawks as the bolt bounces past him. He raises his hands and speaks in his native tongue using his magic to cloud Hallod's mind and perhaps even stun him. He moves, trying to close the distance and engage their adversary in close combat. He deftly leaps the first rope and continues moving. He notes the second trigger and prepares to jump it as he closes.

OOC: Perception checks to move past traps.: 1d20+3 19 1d20+3 17
Action 1 & 2: Casting Daze. Hallod takes 3 mental damage and must make a will save DC 16. If critically failed he is Stunned 1
Action 3: Move 25 ft (I think that brings me to the square just before the second rope.)
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/1045
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 2

Hallod dodged Hiromi’s crossbow bolt and ignored Mortimer’s pleas to turn himself in. “The sheriff is a joke!” he said, pulling another bolt from the case at his hip.

Grimsby rushed forward. His foot caught on a rope that set off a spear trap like the one they had first encountered when entering the house. The spear slammed into Grimsby (13 piercing damage), though the dwarf continued to barrel up to Hallod, swinging his maul and striking Hallod solidly.

Pak cast a spell at the man, but Hallod laughed and brushed it off (he crit saved with a natural 20), dropping the crossbow and drawing his kukri, then viciously attacked Grimsby, first slashing the dwarf with his kukri (9 slashing damage and flat footed) and following up with a quick fist to Grimsby’s throat the dwarf didn’t expect (10 bludgeoning and 3 precision damage, nonlethal), putting the dwarf on the ground.

“Hah! Is that the best you got?” Hallod laughed.

PLAYERS ARE UP!

Light:
Silvi’s Light spell and Mortimer’s torch

Hallod fight R2.png


@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

Silvi 21
Pakuten 21
Hiromi 19
Grimsby 14
Mortimer 11
Hallod 13

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 8/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18 HP 16/16
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 0/25 unconscious
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16

Hallod (+7) AC 19 HP 36/44 +1 Fort, -2 Will, -2 Perception

Find Hallod
Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.

Party XP: 210
 

Kaodi

Adventurer
Silvi darts forward to find a position from which she might be able to heal Grimsby. Peeking above the crates her eyes narrow and she points at Hallod, intoning a holy incantation as she takes up Pak's assault on the villain's consciousness.

OOC: Stride and cast daze (dc 17, 4 mental damage).
 


Pak brandishes his weapon and it is enveloped in a shimmering light. As Pak calls on his mystery his muscles grow larger and a battle fervor gleams in his eyes. Pak rushes Hallod jumping the rope trigger and swinging his katana at the man. His strike hits but prevents him from getting his shield in position to protect him from any counter attack.

OOC: Action 1: Using a focus to cast Weapon Surge on my katana. This gives it a +1 to attack and an additional die of damage on my next strike.
Action 2: Move up to Hallod. I was going to use my second Perception from last turn as I did not have the movement to pass over the trap. If you want me to re roll the perception let me know.
Action 3: Strike on Hallod: 1d20+6 24 2d6+2 13

I did not raise my shield so I have a 16 AC next round. I also am now under my minor curse affect. This gives me a -2 to AC and saves if I do not make a strike on my turn.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Realizing that Hallod will not sway to logic, Mortimer decides that violence is the only way this can end. Now aware that there are trip wires, the barrister looks carefully before moving from cover to cover, hoping to reach their opponent without being noticed.

OOC: Action 1: Check for traps. 1D20+6 = [13]+6 = 19
Action 2: Move to next cover, using Stealth. 1D20+6 = [10]+6 = 16
Action 3: Check for more traps. 1D20+6 = [8]+6 = 14
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/1045
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 3

Hallod winced as Silvi assaulted his mind with magic, and grunted in pain. It distracted him enough for Hiromi to put two out of three arrows into him. And Pak rushed up the berm to Hallod’s side, slashing at the big man with his katana, putting a significant cut into the man as Mortimer moved in closer to cover.

Hallod growled and turned on Pakuten. His kukri slashed over Pakuten’s armor (8 slashing damage), knocking the kenku off balance. Hallod followed it up with a heavy fist to the kidney (9 nonlethal bludgeoning+2 precision damage), sending Pak to the ground to join Grimsby in unconsciousness.

“Who’s next?” Hallod growled, staring at Mortimer, Silvi, and Hiromi as he licked Pakuten’s blood from his kukri with grinned maliciously, even as he attempted to stay steady on his feet.

ROUND 3 PLAYERS ARE UP!

Light:
Silvi’s Light spell and Mortimer’s torch

Hallod fight R3.png

@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

Silvi 21
Pakuten 21
Hiromi 19
Grimsby 14
Mortimer 11
Hallod 13

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 8/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18(16) HP 0/16 Curse: -2 AC and Saves if doesn’t make a Strike, unconscious
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 0/25 unconscious
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16 (not hidden)

Hallod (+7) AC 19 HP 12/44 +1 Fort, -2 Will, -2 Perception

Find Hallod
Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.

Party XP: 210
 


Kaodi

Adventurer
With Hallod being poked full of holes by Hiromi's arrows and her own mental assault having proved effective a moment before Silvi opts to redouble her offensive rather than attempt to revive her companions, both of whom are still at Hallod's mercy should he turn his attention back to them. "There will be plenty of people for you to beat up in dreamland, so time for you to take a nap!" she exclaims as her magical energy pours into Hallod.

OOC: Raising a shield and casting daze again.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mortimer does not even reply to the taunt, as he makes his way ever closer to Hallod. In between crates the barrister throws his dagger at the man, but he does not even wait to see if it hits before taking cover behind the next crate.

OOC: A1: Move.
A2: Throw dagger: 1D20+6 = [4]+6 = 10
1D6 = [3] = 3

A3: Hide: 1D20+6 = [9]+6 = 15

How close is Mortimer to Hallod now?
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)/Hallod’s home
Summer/Day 3/1045
Weather: Normal for the season (hot), light wind, heavy rain
Round 4

Hallod grunted as Hiromi’s dagger caught his leg. He glowered at her. “Bitch!”

Hallod started to step forward, and that’s when Silvi’s spell hit. The big man’s eyes rolled back in his head, and he stiffened (crit fail!) before he fell face first off the berm and into the dirt dead.

Light: Silvi’s Light spell and Mortimer’s torch


@Leatherhead
@VLAD the Destroyer
@FitzTheRuke
@Kaodi
@JustinCase

Silvi 21
Pakuten 21
Hiromi 19
Grimsby 14
Mortimer 11
Hallod 13

Silvi (+7) AC 13 DC 17 HP 8/19(13) (drained 6)
Hiromi (+6) AC 17 HP 17/17
Pakuten (+3) AC 18(16) HP 0/16 unconscious
Grimsby (+7) AC 17/16(clumsy) HP 0/25 unconscious
Mortimer (+8) AC 17 HP 16/16

Hallod (+7) AC 19 HP 0/44 +1 Fort, -2 Will, -2 Perception

Find Hallod
Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.

Party XP: 210
 


Level Up!

An Advertisement

Advertisement4

Top