The Fall of Plaguestone

gargoyleking

Adventurer
"All I know is that it was no natural creature. Your magics did seem to have an effect on it, though physical attacks seemed to be useless."

Galahad takes a short breather but then sets to examining everyone involved. He quickly realizes that Silvi is the most injured and spends some time with his alchemy tools while the party listens to the old man's story before offering her a small tincture.

10 minutes of Treat Wounds activity while we recover.

Treat Wounds (Crafting): 1d20+6 26 2d8 9 CRIT
Heal Crit(bonus): 2d8 10

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I stabbed him in the liver, and he didn't care..." said Hiromi in wonder. "Sir Lawrence, please tell us what you know of where and when this thing first appeared."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Etran’s Folly (Plaguestone)
Summer/Day 2/1650
Weather: 10 degrees cooler than normal (warm), no wind, light rain
Round 0

Sir Lawrence sniffled and took another drink from his flask. “Talmore and I...we were both crusaders in Lastwall,” he said. “You don’t know what it was like when the Whispering Tyrant swept through! All those hordes of undead! I...I was a coward and fled, leaving Talmore to stand alone. When the battle was over, I found his body and took his holy symbol. He has haunted me ever since.” The drunken man sobbed into his knees.

Find the killer
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Help Delma out with her father, the mayor

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Talmore 15

Lavinia 19
Silvi 18
Hiromi 10
Galahad 9

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Lavina AC 20 HP 15/19 Wounded 1

Talmore AC 18 HP 14/20

Party XP: 150

Kaodi

Hero
"I had a dream once," says Silvi softly, "of a world without much in the way of magic or monsters, undead or otherwise, or fantastic realms like the one my ancestors came from. That world seemed a bit dreary and dull to me, but gnomes are made a bit different from the rest of you. Maybe in a place like that without the grasping horrors of the Tyrant you could have been brave. I don't know - I think there was a war of some kind in my dream too, but everyone was human like you."

The gnome pauses for a moment to run one hand over her expertly arranged hair, now becoming just a bit frazzled from the rain. "Do you still have his holy symbol? Have you tried giving it back? I think Talmore is in a dark place now, but that spirit is still the man who was your friend, not the risen servant of some evil power. Maybe if you can be brave one last time, for Talmore, then he will be able to find his rest. We can find you a warm bed to rest tonight and then try tomorrow - Desna has blessings she could gift me if we have to try to banish him the hard way again."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Summer/Day 2/1655
Round 0

Sir Lawrence sniffed, rain dripping down his nose. “The holy symbol is in my pack,” he said, indicating the hut they had just fled from.

Find the killer
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Talmore 15

Lavinia 19
Silvi 18
Hiromi 10
Galahad 9

Silvi AC 13 HP 18/19
Galahad AC 18 HP 12/15
Hiromi AC 17 HP 17/17
Lavina AC 20 HP 15/19 Wounded 1

Talmore AC 18 HP 14/20

Party XP: 150

gargoyleking

Adventurer
Galahad listens to the story with a grimace of pain on his face. He seems lost in a sort of nightmare of his own for a moment before breaking oht of it.

"I understand the loss you feel. War of any kind has a way of twisting a man's heart in ways he can't expect or prepare for. We'll try again tomorrow. In the meantime, stay away from that place and you will be able to get some real rest."

He was taking the other's beliefs on their word vecause what little evidence they had seemed to support the premise. Once he'd finished with Silvi, he stood up.

"If I hurry, I might yet have time to see the Mayor about my clue. Perhaps it will give us something to work with on the morrow."

Kaodi

Hero
Silvi eagerly takes the tincture from Galahad and brightens up a little as she downs it. "Thank you!" she says before turning her gaze back to the old hut.

"I guess tomorrow is going to be interesting again any way we cut it. If you and one other run ahead to the Mayor's the rest of us can try to catch up after we get Sir Lawrence back to the Feedmill."

CharlotteOz

Explorer
"The ghost has waited all this time, and can wait a little longer. Perhaps it's best to see the Mayor. And if we return, perhaps bring some holy water just in case it gets touchy again, before we have a chance to ease its spirit."

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Summer/Day 2/1800
Round 0

The Feedmill was still closed down as a crime scene, but the party was able to deposit Sir Lawrence with the rest of the caravan to sleep it off. Then they made their way out to the mayor’s house. It wasn’t too far from the Feedmill itself, and wasn’t a large or ostentatious dwelling. On the porch sat an old man in a wooden wheelchair made from a modified pushcart. The man appeared to be in his eighties.

From the house next door, Delma Fulst emerged, wiping her hands on a cloth. “Oh, hello,” she greeted. “With everything that’s happened at the Feedmill, I’ve got my hands full and haven’t been able to take my father on his walk. Do you think you could push him around town?” she asked.

Find the killer
  • Help Sir Lawrence quiet Talmore’s ghost.
  • Question Amora
  • Question Phinick
    • Find Phinick
  • Question Trin

Action:
Action:
Action:

Initiative
Talmore 15

Lavinia 19
Silvi 18