The First Age of Man

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah says quietly to Niraya, "If you'd like to talk about them, I would like to listen. Perhaps I can provide insight into their meaning." In truth, Seerah was intensely curious about Niraya and her powers...and why the Breathless were so interested in her.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"If ye lasses don't mind speaking on the cart, I'd like us to get movin' as soon as we can. Orcs don't wait for no one." Sheng says, rolling his pelts and other belongings and throwing them over his shoulder. "Goodbye cave!" he exclaims, purposefully walking outside.

Shayuri

First Post
Niraya gave Seerah an apologetic look and nodded.

"On the cart," she promised. "Once we're under way."

She starts collecting her things as well to load them up so everyone can be on their way.

(OOC - I added a pic to the rogue's gallery for Niraya...though I'd had it up before, but guess not. I can't edit my character info on the wiki, sadly. Here it is for reference sake here too.)

[sblock]
1zf6he1.jpg
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
"Let's go then," Tekai says as he heaves his pack onto the cart, keeping a quiver of arrows and his bow handy. "I will go wait at the bottom, by the stream, in case anyone else is about this morning."

With that, he left the fiddly and, to him, tricky business of getting horses into harnesses and the cart moving to others. They know what to do better than I do anyway... What Tekai really wanted was half an hour or so alone and outside to think. His mind was no less bothered than before sleeping, and that in itself was bothersome, since everyone else seemed happy for Seerah and Niraya.

And then there was Sheng mentioning how pretty Niraya was, which he hadn't really noticed before. It was not helping...

At the bottom of the slope Tekai hauled himself into the lowest branches of a yew tree. He sat, strung his bow and watched. And waited.

Piston Honda

First Post
Inguar looked about at everyone getting prepared, "I suppose it would be best to move quickly. Sialfi?" The young man nods, Inguar helps him to his feet and out to the cart. "I would prefer to sit in the back for the time being. Tekai can handle the lookout."

As Sialfi climbs into the back of the cart, Inguar returns to the cave to round up the remainder of their belongings to put into the cart.

[sblock=MasqueradingVampire]
As the others are moving their belongings out to the cart, Seerah is drawn to the dead fire pit. A particular stone grabbing her attention, there appears to be the faintest of orange glows in its crevices. As she gets a closer look, it becomes obvious that the crevices were carved into it, though it could have been ages since as they have worn. She can discern that it is a rune.

[sblock=OOC]The SRD is not entirely clear on how the whole Witch spell list works. Mostly focusing on the Patron spells you receive. If you can't learn spells similar to a wizard, let me know.[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Axel]
Tekai waits in the trees. He hears a rustling nearby, spotting some wild rice in the stream, among it, a duck is having a meal for itself.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC All]
Once everyone is ready, we'll be on the road. Everyone please give me 3 1d20 rolls.

Added Niraya's pic to the wiki, hopefully I will have some time to update a few other things there this weekend.
[/sblock]

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]I use either the Paizo PRD or www.d20pfsrd.com as my primary reference site. Witches only gain new spells via leveling, as their familiar actually "stores" all of the spells they know. That's why they have to commune with their familiar to prepare spells each morning. If a rune works like a scroll (allowing Seerah to cast it from the rune and expending it that way) then it will still be useful, I think.[/sblock]

Seerah pockets the stone for the moment, planning to examine it later. She sends Asra to join Tekai to serve as another set of eyes and ears while Seerah herself climbs into the back of the cart with Sialfi.

Edit OOC: Derp, almost forgot about these.

1d20=14, 1d20=11, 1d20=20

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

Sheng hauls his things over the cart, and gives the vehicle an appreciative look. "Really nice, really nice." He quickly climbs up, and helps Sialfi up. "Come 'ere mate, there ye go." Once Sialfi is settled on the cart, Sheng looks if anyone else requires a hand to move on board. Specially the shy shepherdess.

Rolls: 5,12,8.

Last edited:

Axel

First Post
Tekai

Tekai smiles to himself as he spots the duck. No sneakers around if the duck is happy to eat. He takes his time stringing his bow, slowly so as not to startle the animal. Besides, sometimes other ducks come to see what a single has found...

With no other birds coming to join the first, Tekai draws and aims at the duck. His father's voice from when he was a small boy, unable to manage the pull of a man's bow, reminds him how to aim for water birds, Son, you must aim ahead of the bird. And above it. But not too much, down two fingers...There! These birds can hear well, better than you and I, and they hear the thump of a bow before the arrow can reach them. Not knowing what it is, they panic and take the wing. Every creature on the All Father's earth has something special. People are smart, and can think best. So, we must use our smarts to think what the duck would do. And then plan for it.

Still smiling at the memory, Tekai drew and fired at the duck. The rhythm of hunting was much more pleasurable than war. Aim and draw at leisure, rather than as fast as possible...

[sblock=ooc]
Don't know how you want to manage shooting at a duck, so left the outcome unwritten. If it depends on the first of these three rolls I'd say the duck is headed for the pot...

Dice rolls as requested: 20, 4, 18
[/sblock=ooc]

Piston Honda

First Post
As preparations finalize at the cart, Inguar announces he is going to check on Tekai.

[sblock=Axel]
Tekai's arrow flies true as he get a clean kill on the duck. As he retrieves his prize, Inguar arrives from nearby. "We are ready, Tekai." He looks at the rice plants in the water. "Shame we don't have time to harvest this. It could get us a long way through our journey."

[sblock=OOC]Oops, lost part of the post. You can presume when hunting that you hit an animal if that's what you are going for. The survival check has already been made, no need to roll to hit. The duck is about two days worth of supplies for one person.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=OOC MasqueradingVampire]
Thanks for that. The rune may be used as a scroll, this particular rune creates a swirl of snow around the caster (Esentially it's Obscuring Mist).
[/sblock]

Remove ads