The First Age of Man

Axel

First Post
"There might be more further down. In any case, we have enough food for the next few days. Can't expect more than that," Tekai says as he pulls the arrow out the duck's carcass. Today could be a great day! Nothing wrong with this one, he thinks, giving the arrow a brief inspection before returning it to the quiver.

"It is good you were so slow this morning Inguar. Otherwise dinner may not have appeared with this clanking great cart upwind scaring everything off!" Tekai crosses the remaining space and jumps up into the vacant seat. The lookout seat.

He only hesitated a moment, then passed the duck into the back before settling in, and unstringing his bow again. In the constant dampness outdoors, the linen strings rarely survived long. Even less if they were kept in tension on the bow.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sheng Shemin

"Food, outstanding" says Sheng and quickly starts to pull of the feathers from the duck, taking care to put them away in a bag, they were good isolators and cushion material.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah is content to ride for the moment, trusting in the survival and navigation skills of the others. She studies Niraya, trying, unsuccessfully most likely, to not stare creepily.

Piston Honda

First Post
The cart rolls on for some time. Outside of the occasional howling of wolves in the woods, the day is mostly uneventful, conversation occasionally picks up and dies back out on the long trails, characters fall in and out of sleep. Sialfi makes mention of a dream about Niraya seeming to turn into something while she sleeps, though Inguar changes the subject quickly. Sialfi expresses his gratitude to Seerah for healing him, though there is obvious apprehension in his tone. He doesn't seem to be overly friendly toward Sheng, though not hostile, he seems to have a hard time trusting an outsider to the tribe itself as well as tribal life, he does express gratitude and shows respect, understanding that the others are more aware of events leading up to his healing. After a brief discussion of survival techniques between the group, Sheng impresses Sialfi with a few tricks he hadn't heard before, though a couple of them bring him to press him.

"So, how exactly did you end up on your own back there?"

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Seerah finally gets up the nerve to speak to Niraya, having spent most of the day trying to figure out what to say, "What does it feel like? When...when the spirit is with you?"

Shayuri

First Post
Niraya, having somewhat studiously avoided Seerah's scrutiny before, glances at her now and shrugs. Her eyes cut to the where the others are sitting, and she scoots over closer to the seeress so they can speak more quietly.

"It's strange," she says. "At first, it was like I was in an entirely different place...a sort of endless constant fog, where it could speak to me. And when I came back here, my body was different." Niraya pauses for a moment, thinking back on that time. "It was...powerful. I was powerful. Strong and big and...it felt good. Like I could do anything."

"I never felt like it wasn't ME though," she muses. "I never felt like I wasn't in control."

The young woman sighs. "I was going to find out more...I met the spirit again in my dream, but I woke up before it could tell me anything. It...we made a deal." Niraya gives Seerah a nervous look. "It wants me to kill things. It said it didn't care what, or why. I didn't have time to ask much more."

Axel

First Post
Tekai's ears perk up as he hears Sialfi ask the very same question that has been nagging at him. What does a man with a metal sword and obvious skills have to do to be outcast from his tribe?!

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Niraya, having somewhat studiously avoided Seerah's scrutiny before, glances at her now and shrugs. Her eyes cut to the where the others are sitting, and she scoots over closer to the seeress so they can speak more quietly.

"It's strange," she says. "At first, it was like I was in an entirely different place...a sort of endless constant fog, where it could speak to me. And when I came back here, my body was different." Niraya pauses for a moment, thinking back on that time. "It was...powerful. I was powerful. Strong and big and...it felt good. Like I could do anything."

"I never felt like it wasn't ME though," she muses. "I never felt like I wasn't in control."

The young woman sighs. "I was going to find out more...I met the spirit again in my dream, but I woke up before it could tell me anything. It...we made a deal." Niraya gives Seerah a nervous look. "It wants me to kill things. It said it didn't care what, or why. I didn't have time to ask much more."

Seerah muses, "I wonder if it would be possible for me to communicate with it." Her gaze lingers a little too long before she closes her eyes, "It sounds similar to...certain aspects of my magic. I made a deal as well, first to the patron of my...my mentor, and then to a different entity when I joined this tribe, forsaking the first in the process. Neither speak to me, however, in the same ways your spirit seems to."

She didn't mention the vision of Valgvalia, the Ice Queen. She wasn't sure if that had been her patron, the Ice Queen herself somehow, or a hallucination.

Remove ads