• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The First (IC) (d20/3.x D&D)

Dragonwriter

First Post
Kaznak releases his pent up breath, allowing the fires within to dissipate. He starts gathering up wood, making sure it is somwhat dry. "Need a fire... If someone could make a pit, we can keep it contained. Best to keep warm, even with the gift I shared with you all earlier."

Once enough wood is gathered and a small firepit made, Kaznak will start the fire with his blazing breath.

Willette

First Post
"Damn wolves seem to have developed a taste for me!", exclaims Elldar.

"I'd like to know where that big one slunk off to and if there are more of his pack around. The last thing we need right now is for him to return with reinforcments given our condition after that last scrap."

Elldar glances down at Angrboda's leg to inspect the wound, "I think we aught to get moving back to camp as soon as she's feeling good enough to leave. And now that I think about it one of us might want to try their hand at skinning a couple of those wolves, never know when some extra blankets will come in handy, if theres anything salvageable."

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda rouses herself when the gnome speaks. "I agree with Elldar. We mustn't waste what the wolves have given us to use..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Nodding to Angrboda's words, Forge draws his dagger and sets out to skin one of the wolves. Though he is not a professional he does manage to get quiet a good pelt off the wolf.

Arkhandus

First Post
After Angrboda finally regains consciousness the next morning, receiving a kiss from Jaegar, she sits down to rest and meditate a while and then chants a bit, somehow healing the worst of her wounds! The flesh knits back together, leaving only some scabbed-over marks, but she's still lost a lot of blood, so Angrboda continues to feel light-headed and weak for the next few hours. Jaegar sits with her while she meditates and rests, until she looks steadier on her feet once again.

After some more rest, she chants again for Jaegar, then Falryn, then Kaznak, placing a hand on each of them in turn to slightly mend their wounds. The recovery isn't as drastic, but each of them feels a bit better and their wounds close up.

Forge manages to salvage a decent enough pelt from one of the slain wolves.

[sblock=OOC]Finally able to post again after days of barely being able to log in here without browser-freezing!

Theroc/Pyre, you still with us?

Metliz can roll her Intelligence checks now, since InvisibleCastle has finally come back online (for now anyway). I'll update the main-camp stuff later today or tomorrow, hopefully.

Forge needs a separate check for each wolf he's skinning.

I need to know what the group is doing....... There was never a concensus on whether the group would stay in the temporary camp after Angrboda regained consciousness. You spent 14 hours in the makeshift camp before Angrboda awoke. And Forge never rolled for the Heal skill to give long-term treatment, so I dunno if anyone other than Angrboda healed much.

Those who rested overnight without medical care from Forge heal 1 HP, or 2 HP if Forge attempts and succeeds at providing long-term care with the Heal skill. Angrboda's healing from Jaegar's ministrations is already factored in below.

I rolled well for Angrboda's Lesser Transfer Wounds spell, so she converts 11 points of her damage into nonlethal! That leaves her at 7 HP, with 5 nonlethal damage that still keeps her disabled, but no longer in danger of dying. We'll assume she rests 5 more hours then to recover, unless the group decides to leave right then and head back to the main camp.

Each Diminished copy of the spell heals 2 damage, so Jaegar, Kaznak, and Falryn are each healed for 2 HP. Angrboda, however, suffers 3 points of nonlethal damage from that, so she'll be at 7 HP with 3 nonlethal damage when the group heads back to the original camp, if that's what they plan to do. Otherwise, she heals the remaining 3 nonlethal damage while resting a few more hours in the temporary new camp.

Falryn has 4 damage remaining after all this, or 3 if Forge used the Heal skill successfully. Kaznak has 3 damage remaining, or 2 if Forge helped. Jaegar has 8 damage remaining for lack of proper rest, too busy tending Angrboda's wounds.

XP will be posted to the OOC thread later, I'm going to bed now. Way too late, dangit.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Angrboda still looks pale and worn even after she manages to miraculously heal her wounds. Even so she insists on performing the ritual that does minor healing on Jaegar, Falryn and Kaznak. Afterwards she sinks down to the earth and rests again though not quite so deeply as before: she is conscious, at least, this time. From her seat in the grass she looks around at her companions and the temporary camp they made while she was injured and unconscious. "So. We should decide on our next step. Do we continue? Or do we return to camp and try again another day?"

[sblock=OOC]Her casting Transfer Wounds (Lesser) four times means that Angrboda is without spells this day. Just a reminder to myself, really.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Willette

First Post
"Like i said, I think we should be moving on. If the size of the pack that tracked me before is any indication then this might not be all of the pack, or the only pack in the area for that matter. The longer we stay anywhere near these carcasses the more likely we'll find out though!", exclaimed Elldar. The little man paced back and forth, anxious to get moving.

"Normally i would do the sensible thing and hide but thats only my blood speaking..."

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
[sblock=ooc] You said I would need ranks in Heal to administer long-term care but Forge has none, sorry. Also I only skinned one having no ranks in that skill either it would probably take alot of time (more so than for someone trained I believe) so I only rolled for one thinking some of the others would try while we wait for Angrboda to awake [/sblock]

Remove ads