The Forge of Fury

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
OOC: Good roll - Most of the mold is normal but there is some yellow mold about the skeleton and sword. That roll is high enough to know all there is to know here you go yellow mold

"I don't fight fungus," Gerlari says axe in hand. "Unless it can walk and wield a weapon that is."

sunshadow21

Explorer
"The walking part may be off a bit, but the wielding a weapon is not in this case. The spores that the mold around the skeleton can release do as much or more damage than a sword. We will need fire to deal with it safely. But we should check to see if there is anything magical in that area before we go playing with fire on a burnable skeleton."

IronWolf

blank
Sabern stands a safe distance from the skeleton clutching the sword and says a few words to Iomedae and then studies the area for signs of magic.

[sblock=OOC]

Cast Detect Magic.

[/sblock]

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
Gerlari waits and watches as the others study the mold. After a long couple minutes he asks, "If we have no fire magic can't someone magik it out."

He waves a think hand, "You know have it float out of there on it's own?"

IronWolf

blank
Sabern unshoulders his pack and rummages around a bit and finally pulls forth a flask of oil. "I have this we can douse it with though I seem to be lacking a source of ignition. Anyone have a torch we can light and throw in it with the oil or alchemists fire?

HolyMan

Thy wounds are healed!
"Problem is you would need to get close. I saw some tried something like this before." Gerlari says as he to starts to rummage in his belt pouch.

"Torkin got that same idea and started splashing and a miss step and 'WHOOSH' yellow powder everywhere. He nearly choked to death."
The half-orc pulls out his flint and steel and sets it down.

"Let me see your flask Sabern. I'll show you what Glibbernock should us we could do."

Gerlari takes the flask and a the small string in it and pulls it out. He then rips a small piece of cloth off his shirt and starts to twist it. "That little gnome alchemist may have had a few bats in the belfrey but he did know how to burn things. There."

Gerlari picks up his flint and steel and hands the flask back. "You hold it I'll light it and then you need to throw it at the sword." he says with a toothy grin. "Very quickly mind you."

[sblock=OOC] So you could cover the area but you would need to enter the area and thus causing the yellow mold to explode. I used the following rules (CORE_pg 157)...

A pint of oil burns for 6 hours in a lantern or lamp. You can also use a flask of oil as a splash weapon. Use the rules for alchemist's fire (see Special Substances and Items on Table: Goods and Services), except that it takes a full-round action to prepare a flask with a fuse. Once it is thrown, there is a 50% chance of the flask igniting successfully.

You can pour a pint of oil on the ground to cover an area 5 feet square, provided that the surface is smooth. If lit, the oil burns for 2 rounds and deals 1d3 points of fire damage to each creature in the area.

...to make you some alchemist fire but you only have a 50/50 chance so figured that was even. No need to roll to hit, but you do need to roll to see if the fuse was set properly. Or you may try something else.[/sblock]

IronWolf

blank
Sabern takes the cobbled contraption from Gerlari and eyes it warily before shrugging. With a nod indicating his readiness Sabern lets Gerlari light the fuse and then hastily lobs it at the skeleton clutching the sword with intent of burning the yellow-ish mold.

He watches as the device lands on the skeleton, the flask staying intact as the fuse flickers out to no great effect.

"Hmph. Good thing I threw it quickly, eh Gerlari?" Sabern states with grin. "Have another fuse we can try?" Sabern asks as he retrieves his last flask of oil from his pack.

Assuming we can try one more time...

Sabern waits as Gerlari rigs another flask of oil with a fuse. Holding it while Gerlari lights it, he lobs the oil with lit fuse towards the mold once again. This time the contraption lands with fuse still lit causing a fire to erupt!

[sblock=OOC]

I really need to start making sure my characters always have alchemist fire! Second PbP within the past few weeks where one of my characters could have used it!

Rolling - I generally assume high is good when I roll percentages - your call if you do it the same way!

Fuse Check -- 1d100=17
Fuse Check #2 -- 1d100=56

[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
Auris

"Problem is you would need to get close. I saw some tried something like this before."

"Did I mention I can move non-heavy things from afar, with magic..."

[sblock=OOC]

Auris knows the Mage Hand cantrip.

---

Auris D'Leroy
AC 18 (T17, FF13), HP 48/48, F +5,R+7,W+5/+7

Spells: 5/7 , 4/5
Electric Ray: 5/6 (+6, 1d6+2)

Sorcerer Spells Known:
DC = 10 + spell level + 3
0 (6): Acid Splash, Detect Magic, Read Magic, Dancing Lights, Disrupt Undead, Mage Hand
1 (3): Mage Armor, Magic Missle, Shield, Sleep - Burning Hands (electric)
2 (1): Glitterdust, Flaming sphere - Scorching Ray (electric)

Wand: 49/50

Effects: -

XP: 10,296

[/sblock]

Remove ads