• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Funeral (Stonegood judging) [finished]

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"Do you seek to keep it, or to destroy it?"

"Dear lady, you can't truly destroy it. The genie is out of the bottle, too many people knows what are those things and can eventually replicate it with money and effort. The question isn't if somebody is going to have the knowledge, is who's having it first."

"This peace is an illusion, it's a house of cards built on foundations of spider silk. A breeze, the sligtests imbalance can topple it down and make the whole continent return to open war. The kingdom of Breland has tried to preserve the peace, sometimes at a great cost. Are you going to help those who want to make peace endure, those who don't care, or those who'd want the return or the war?"

"You see to know a lot," Stulgar says to the man. "Why do you need us?"

"Orerreth is a slippery man, but I understand he trusts you. Keep us informed, and if you find the crystal don't let him destroy it. If you bring it to us, I'm authorized to reward you with ten thousand gold coins."

Someone

Adventurer
ooc: Inky, now that i think on it your character should be level 2 by now. Make sure he's updated and approved soon, you may need it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Siobhan makes no reply, waiting for someone else to speak. Whatever anyone said, the money is meaningless, although at least this time they aren't being offered a worthless trifle like with House Cannith--the crystal must be destroyed lest the whole world tremble at the destruction it can wreak...*

Rystil Arden

First Post
Someone said:
ooc: Inky, now that i think on it your character should be level 2 by now. Make sure he's updated and approved soon, you may need it.
(OOC: Yeah, I think you're definitely right--there was more than 1k XP awarded. Sadly, no one except Raven will hit 3, though)

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
"Orerreth is a slippery man, but I understand he trusts you. Keep us informed, and if you find the crystal don't let him destroy it. If you bring it to us, I'm authorized to reward you with ten thousand gold coins."
"And what if we must destroy it? Is it best at least of of enemy hands? Have you an offer for us then?" Stulgar asks.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven warms to the conversation. "So you work for Breland. By what name can we call you?"

This made sense. Orerreth, the former Breland agent, was now trying to find and destory the crystal. Breland has figured out that he's no longer cooperating & is trying an end run. They think Orerreth can still find it.

"And you'll reward us with 10,000 gold coins if we somehow retrieve the crystal and return it to you? Tell us how to find you if we get it, and how we can know we can trust you."

Someone

Adventurer
"Call me Lormand. And trust... you can't trust anyone: think on that as a small lesson you had to know before starting to play this game. I have something you may want. You may manage to have something we want. If it comes to exchanging, or to rewards for deeds done in the service of Breland" Lormand looks at Stulgar "we'll surely be able to reach an agreement. You don't need to find me: I'll find you."

Bront

The man with the probe
Someone said:
"Call me Lormand. And trust... you can't trust anyone: think on that as a small lesson you had to know before starting to play this game. I have something you may want. You may manage to have something we want. If it comes to exchanging, or to rewards for deeds done in the service of Breland" Lormand looks at Stulgar "we'll surely be able to reach an agreement. You don't need to find me: I'll find you."
Stulgar struggles to wrap his head around this, but figures he's best saying nothing more at this point. "Is he agreeing or disagreeing with me?"

Remove ads