• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Godswar

Wrahn

First Post
Yes it is safe to assume that the response from the sending was sent over the mindlink.

Baldur was much beloved of the gods. His mother (Frigga) went to all things to get them to agree not to hurt Baldur, except she forgot Mistletoe. Baldur was demonstrating his invulnerability having other gods throw things at him. Loki tricked one of the other gods to hurl mistletoe at him killing him.

If I recall correctly, Loke was bound to a stone and had a serpent dripping venom into his eyes as punishment. I would have no idea why Thor would become convinced now that the gods of the River Kingdom would have anything to do with it, or why now.

Pyrex

First Post
"So it seems that someone convinced Thor that the River Kingdom, not Loki, is responsible for Baldur's death. They would have known that this war would likely result, so who stands to benefit from a war between the northmen and the River Kingdom?"

Wrahn

First Post
Well there is the likely list of suspects, Loki obviously would benefit from being cleared of the crime, Set whom hates the River Pantheon, Apep who desires the destruction of everything, Surtur and the other giants would like to see their ancient enemies weakened.

But I think Thor's response could be somewhat predicted, leaving open things like Lloth, trying to draw the Seldarine into a war. At the point where you can accurately predict that Thor would trample over anything that got in his way, which I don't necessarily think is beyond the abilities of someone or something that can mess with the memories of a diety, then the list opens up to include any nihlistic and/or evil diety, the royalty of the fiends, chaotic or insane powers, the far realm and probably numerous things that don't immediately spring to mind.

I find it somewhat odd that the Northmen are marching on the River Kingdom, they have usually been sea raiders, which would be easier than marching an army over mountains. Which would indicate to me, Thor is being manipulated by something to do this. We should probably see if we can get him to divert and see if something tries to stop us.

Pyrex

First Post
"Not exactly a small list. Anyone have a better idea than just heading in there? If not, we should get moving, given the size of the ward it'll be a long flight."

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads