D&D General The Great Dalmuti (D&D) Quiz: Which D&D creature does each card represent?

rules.mechanic

Craft homebrewer
So, all you clever people, I hope we can all agree that the Great Dalmuti is the greatest card game WotC produces [ducks-and-covers]. Can I enlist your help in working out which D&D creature each of the 13 D&D Great Dalmuti card represents? Here are the card pictures (all in Harry Conway's unique atmospheric style): The Great Dalmuti: Dungeons & Dragons | Dungeons & Dragons

Go on, help me out with a guess. I've had a go below but I'm stumped and it's bugging me like a loose thread, or a hangnail, or an incomplete Wordle, or whatever, and I'm ready to unravel the world to solve it.

1 Great Dalmuti -
2 MInd Minister - Mind Flayer
3 Solicitor - maybe a Tabaxi (not sure why)?
4 Baronesssss - Medusa
5 Occultist -
6 Templar - maybe a Hobgoblin?
7 Spinner - Drider
8 Artisan -
9 Apothecary -
10 Breeder - maybe a Goblin?
11 Exterminator - Umber Hulk
12 Rat Catcher - Kobold
13 Fool - Gnoll

ko6ux

Adventurer
Apothecary is also very reminiscent of the 4E Harpy art.

1645046174826.png

Kilimanjaro

Explorer
So, all you clever people, I hope we can all agree that the Great Dalmuti is the greatest card game WotC produces [ducks-and-covers]. Can I enlist your help in working out which D&D creature each of the 13 D&D Great Dalmuti card represents? Here are the card pictures (all in Harry Conway's unique atmospheric style): The Great Dalmuti: Dungeons & Dragons | Dungeons & Dragons

Go on, help me out with a guess. I've had a go below but I'm stumped and it's bugging me like a loose thread, or a hangnail, or an incomplete Wordle, or whatever, and I'm ready to unravel the world to solve it.

1 Great Dalmuti -
3 Solicitor - maybe a Tabaxi (not sure why)?
4 Baronesssss - Medusa
5 Occultist -
6 Templar - maybe a Hobgoblin?
7 Spinner - Drider
8 Artisan -
9 Apothecary -
10 Breeder - maybe a Goblin?
12 Rat Catcher - Kobold
13 Fool - Gnoll
Templar is definitely a hobgoblin.
Artisan is a stone giant.
Apothecary is a harpy.
Breeder is a goblin with some abyssal chickens.

rules.mechanic

Craft homebrewer
Two votes for the harpy and I love the link with the hair on the 4e picture. I kinda feel the art would have had more obvious talons but it's the winner for now

I think the artisan is a stone giant. They are often depicted as grey skinned and bald. The figure here is carving stone, and the MM states "Among stone giants, artistry ranks as the greatest virtue....They esteem stone carving as the greatest of skills." MM 152.

rules.mechanic

Craft homebrewer
Right peeps, our work here is done:

1 Great Dalmuti - just a crown
3 Solicitor - Rakshasa
4 Baroness - Medusa
5 Occultist - Night Hag
6 Templar - Hobgoblin
7 Spinner - Drider
8 Artisan - Stone Giant
9 Apothecary - Harpy
10 Breeder - Goblin (with abyssal chicken!)
12 Rat Catcher - Kobold
13 Fool - Gnoll

and faster than I can do a Wordle...

Remove ads