• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The great modrons march

wwanno

First Post
No matter if those words have an etymology. When I will use them the players will probably ask about their meaning. Problem solved.
To much work to research those etymologies and find good translation options.

I wouldn't link the chavaliers of chapter 3 with Orcus.

Another possible link with Orcus: the NPC with the party is a dustman (he will not reveal his/her faction) faithful of Orcus, and wishes to follow the march in order to protect it and, in the end, report to his cabal about what has been discovered.
But another problem arises. Probably PCs will never uncover the truth about this NPC. He will die (if I am not wrong) in chapter 5. But this problem could be solved later on (maybe even in Dead gods), when the party find him as an undead in service of Tenebrous (I didn't read Dead Gods yet, so I don't know if there is room to arrange something like that).

DMZ2112

Chaotic Looseleaf
No matter if those words have an etymology. When I will use them the players will probably ask about their meaning. Problem solved.
To much work to research those etymologies and find good translation options.

You'll get no argument from me! But I'm sure Italian has equally colorful slang in its history (not that planar cant is particularly historical, as some of our English friends have pointed out in the past). It might be worth looking into some alternatives.

Another possible link with Orcus: the NPC with the party is a dustman (he will not reveal his/her faction) faithful of Orcus, and wishes to follow the march in order to protect it and, in the end, report to his cabal about what has been discovered.
But another problem arises. Probably PCs will never uncover the truth about this NPC. He will die (if I am not wrong) in chapter 5. But this problem could be solved later on (maybe even in Dead gods), when the party find him as an undead in service of Tenebrous (I didn't read Dead Gods yet, so I don't know if there is room to arrange something like that).

Yeah, there's that winking nod again. Sometimes I feel like Planescape almost requires "Meanwhile, elsewhere in Sigil..." moments where you just straight up tell the players a story that their characters can't actually witness.

You could absolutely replace Quah-Namog, the last priest of Orcus, with someone the PCs knew (or thought they knew).
That would definitely make the endgame more interesting. I'll have to remember that, actually.

wwanno

First Post
Thank you for the tips. I will look for this Quah-Namog guy.

I understand you are Italian too, how did you translate the slang?

wwanno

First Post
And so last sunday, after over 6 hours of pathfinder (and only 3 random encounters), I said:《Listen guys, this game has become a burden for me to master, so give me your sheets. Now we have two options: or we stay here and we chat like good friends, or you give 2nd edition a try. After all, even if I am the DM, I have the right to have some fun too, and PF is far from being "fun" to me》.

Then I gave them their new characters sheets and we started to play. In 1 hour or so I brought 5 1st level charcters to Baator ("to Baator and back" from "the well of worlds"), even if they don't know it yet.
I described them the new strange place they were in and the little creature in front of them. At that time I reached the climax and I called for the end of the session.
One of the players said 《now????》and I tought 《GREAT!》.

They agreed to play 2nd edition every sunday after we play PF. Short sessions of 1-2 hours at the end of the evening.
I plan to hit their sense of wonder with "the great modrons march" and "dead gods", placing "the eternal boundary" in the gap between chapters 1 and 2 of the GMM.

Wish me good luck.

Remove ads