The Green Knight

Mind of tempest

(he/him)advocate for 5e psionics
I am very excited by the movie. It's a fresh take on arthurian legends, at least visually. It also just looks gorgeous, and weird, and mysterious. I've been keeping an eye on it since the teaser and announcements a while back.
yeah, I am not normally into my homelands myth but this looks good and you took a lot of words right out of my mouth.

Dioltach

Legend
There's something of a discussion about it on TTRPGs General: Upcoming Arthurian Movie The Green Knight Has An RPG

The fox is tickling a recollection somewhere in my memory, but I'm not sure whether it's from studying Medieval Chivalric Romance, or from reading the Squire's Tales (which, by the way, are a great take on the Arthurian stories - told from the perspective of the squires, bards and other sidekicks).

Mind of tempest

There's something of a discussion about it on TTRPGs General: Upcoming Arthurian Movie The Green Knight Has An RPG

The fox is tickling a recollection somewhere in my memory, but I'm not sure whether it's from studying Medieval Chivalric Romance, or from reading the Squire's Tales (which, by the way, are a great take on the Arthurian stories - told from the perspective of the squires, bards and other sidekicks).
reanart or something a famous fox legend with a king who is a lion.

Stalker0

Legend
Just watched it, here’s my non spoiler take.

to me this is a movie that realizes the term “cinema”, as it’s as much art as entertainment, and it’s not for everyone.

very neat visual style, and really focuses on visual storytelling rather than words. The scenes are powerful and well crafted, and hints at aspects of Arthurian legend in powerful ways, I quite enjoyed it.

It’s not for everyone, the pacing is slow and methodical, and you have to really think about certain scenes…nothing is handed to you in this movie. Some things are left vague for your interpretation, which can be frustrating for a person looking for a normal movie experience. I will also say having at least some understanding of Arthurian legend really helps, or you might get lost at times.

my biggest critique is there are no subtitles, and there should be for certain scenes…some of the narration uses a really deep and somewhat menacing voice, which sounds cool but can be hard to hear…and you’ll want to hear every word.

Mind of tempest

Just watched it, here’s my non spoiler take.

to me this is a movie that realizes the term “cinema”, as it’s as much art as entertainment, and it’s not for everyone.

very neat visual style, and really focuses on visual storytelling rather than words. The scenes are powerful and well crafted, and hints at aspects of Arthurian legend in powerful ways, I quite enjoyed it.

It’s not for everyone, the pacing is slow and methodical, and you have to really think about certain scenes…nothing is handed to you in this movie. Some things are left vague for your interpretation, which can be frustrating for a person looking for a normal movie experience. I will also say having at least some understanding of Arthurian legend really helps, or you might get lost at times.

my biggest critique is there are no subtitles, and there should be for certain scenes…some of the narration uses a really deep and somewhat menacing voice, which sounds cool but can be hard to hear…and you’ll want to hear every word.
what can you watch it on?

Remove ads