• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Healing Bard

svwilson

First Post
Due to circumstances (not the least of which is our Druid's player can't make too game often) my character (Bard 3, Marshall 1) has become the defacto healer. Up to now I've mainly supported the party in battle with my Bardic Inspire Courage and Marshall's minor aura.

I've got two spells: Inspirational Boost (doubles the Inspire Courage bonus -- very useful at low levels) and Lesser Vigor (often the only healing the party has.)

My GM will let me re-select a feat or two, or even my spells. What I need is a way to cast more spells each day, or at least some other way to increase the number of targets I can heal.

Any ideas?

Shawn

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
If you have any of the Cure spells, there's Spontaneous Healer. There's also Extra Spell (which isn't overly useful, but). Reach Spell is also handy.

gabrion

First Post
Besides the wand suggestion (which you should follow up on), if you want to add a little more to your bard as a healer, you could always take the arcane disciple feat (it think that's what it's called) and spontantious domain casting. I'm not sure those are the exact names, but I will check...

svwilson

First Post
gabrion said:
Besides the wand suggestion (which you should follow up on), if you want to add a little more to your bard as a healer, you could always take the arcane disciple feat (it think that's what it's called) and spontantious domain casting. I'm not sure those are the exact names, but I will check...

Does anyone know what those feats are called, and what book they're in?

The Wand option is a logical and effective choice. However, this is the type of campaign where we didn't get real weapons or a decent set of clothes until 3rd level, so I can't say we're going to whip up a wand anytime soon.

Can a bard really use Cure spells?

-- Shawn

gabrion

First Post
Sorry about the lack of details the first time around.

Arcane Disciple is a feat from Complete Divine that lets an arcane caster use spells from the chosen domain as a cleric would. You need 4 ranks in Knowledge (religion) and Spellcraft to take the feat, plus you must match the alignment of your diety.

Domain Spontaneity (also CD) is the other feat I meantion, but I'm afraid it won't help you after all. One of the requirements is that you be able to turn/rebuke undead and the benefit is that you can spend a turn/rebuke attempt to spontaniously cast one of your domain spells.

Last edited:

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
svwilson said:
Does anyone know what those feats are called, and what book they're in?

The Wand option is a logical and effective choice. However, this is the type of campaign where we didn't get real weapons or a decent set of clothes until 3rd level, so I can't say we're going to whip up a wand anytime soon.

Can a bard really use Cure spells?

-- Shawn
Complete Divine.

Yes, a Bard can use Cure spells, but he has to choose them as his spells known.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Jdvn1 said:
Yes, a Bard can use Cure spells, but he has to choose them as his spells known.

If by "use" you mean cast, yes, he must choos them as his spells known.

If by "use" you mean use a wand of cure X wounds, he's qualified, as all Bards are.

-- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads