THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir will remove and keep the two thumb claws from the largest Leonid. He will examine the structures in the room to see if there is anything more to them or hidden within.
OOC: d20 = 13

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
FROM LINE CHAT said:
"...Got a 23. Not horrible! I forgot to check Lenny and Travis too, not used to running them yet. Lenny rolled a 22 Search and 28 spot. Travis rolled a 28 spot."

The party searches the sand thoroughly, but finds nothing. Apparently, whatever treasure has been collected by these creatures in the past has been collected by their mistress, and moved elsewhere. The only things of value here are the aforementioned 6 magical rings that the Leonids were wearing, along with the OBVIOUS triangle key which is embedded in the big Leonid's chest. It's going to take TREMENDOUS effort to get that thing out of there.

Lathir collects the thumb claws, noting that they are artificial, being made of fine quality steel. The magic involved in the creation of these creatures, which were half-living and half-construct, would have had to be enormously powerful, and extremely complex.

EVERYONE: What do you do?

Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd Moresby
I look to the twins inquisitively. Travis merely shakes his head in the negative to Tam's question as Lenny responds, "Not yet, sorry."

"I can, but I haven't prepared the spell for the day. That tends to be something you set an hour aside for and plan your day around," I reply.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM: Posting on behalf of Respen, who is currently on vacation.

C3CEE0B6-78F1-4153-AB1F-6FEAE03A138B.jpeg

Respen takes the ring off of the big Leonid, and one of the rings off of one of the smaller Leonids (the rings for the smaller Leonids all look identical) and holds them up to his Monocle of Perusal and studies them for a few moments.

Respen says, "These are protective items. The smaller Leonids wore moderately protective rings, but the ring of the leader offers twice the amount of protection that the lesser rings do. There are no ill side effects that I can see. These rings will be truly helpful to us."

GM:
Respen used 2 charges of his daily allotment of 3.
(1 charge remaining for today.)
The big Leonid's ring is Protection +4. Number available: 1.
The smaller rings are all Protection +2. Number available: 5.
This takes 2 rounds to accomplish.

EVERYONE: What do you do? Who amongst you needeth one of the rings?

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir nods at Respen. "Thanks. Those sound quite helpful. I have no such item; but as I am late coming to the party, I think others should speak before me. If one remains, I would like to have it."

"Are we headed back where all of these four paths started?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Tam-Tam claims one of the minor (+2) rings. There are now 4 left.
Lathir has a +3 Deflection bonus from his Divine Portfolio. He doesn't need a ring.
Thallok has the worst AC in the party. He takes the +4 ring.

Anyone else?

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Sylvar hesitates for a moment, giving the others the opportunity to take a ring if they would like. Seeing no one else moving in that direction he takes one of the minor rings. (+2 protection)

Last edited:

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd Moresby
"I would prefer to see the rest of you utilize the rings. As is, my defenses from attacks are fairly decent. Once we have them passed out, we should continue on at speed or find a safe place to rest - some of my dweomers have faded and I'm unable to recast them without sleep."

Lenny & Travis
"Each of us have a minor ring of protection. We'll eventually get them improved once we get back to civilization."

Remove ads