THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
"Keys and statues. Mmm"

Xao grunts at the thought of the statue being next to a pool of poison water, "So that being a statue and that poison water is a dangerous location, right?" He gestures to the statue of the sphynx with the paw in the water, then he goes over and checks around the statue for a secret compartment and gazes in the water to see if the key is in the bottom of the pool.

search +5, spot +8

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Xao, your search of the statue reveals nothing out of the ordinary; as you are searching the statue, you do notice the glimmer of metal in the pool. As you suspected, the key that the group is apparently looking for is resting at the bottom of the pool. The key appears to be wedged into a rock. The water looks pure and clean (apparently, even when the illusion effect isn't working, it looks this way) and upon closer inspection, seems to be scented with rose oil. A clever deception, indeed.

EVERYONE: What do you do?

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
NOTE: The way I run things, people who are immune to poison can tell poison when they interact with it; poison gas makes their nostrils tingle. Poison liquids make their skin tingle if they touch it, and their tongue tingle if they drink it. That is why Lathir can tell the water is poison, simply by having touched it. And of course, as stated earlier, Lathir has already warned the group about the poisonous nature of the pool.

redraider629

Explorer
Thallok looks at the key in the water, "This key is going to help us get out of here? And it is at the bottom of a poisoned pond, yes? This sounds interesting." Thallok, who is immune to all forms of poison, touches the water to see what effects it has on him. He then tells the group "I can go in and get it, I don't think this poison can effect me. Unless someone has a better idea."

As soon as he said this, he watched Lathir jump into the pool, "Or he can do it, all the better." Thallok grunts a little laugh and watches Lathir do his thing.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lathir, now that you have interacted with the pool through total submersion, you get the feeling that magic was involved in the creation of this substance. It isn't water that has been tainted; rather, it is a clear liquid resembling water, which has been magically created. It is not possible to purify it.

When you dive down, you find that the key won't budge from the rock; however, the rock that the key is stuck in is only about 10 inches in diameter, and about 3 inches thick. Nice and solid, but easy to lift. Thus, Lathir simply takes the rock, knowing that either Thallok or Kleborn is probably strong enough to wrench out the key.

Once Lathir is out of the pool, Respen uses a Clean cantrip on him, which removes all liquids from his clothes and attended items (including the rock and the key.) Lathir is perfectly dry now, and there is no residue of the harmful liquid.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Val, the obstinate, intelligent, talking axe that Vale carries, decides to put in his two cents: "Give it back to the tree hugger. He can turn into something big, like a Dire Ape, and rip the thing out with ease. It's at least worth a shot... Hey, who's the Dragon Kin ye're talkin' with? Those people are rare nowadays, so long after the Golden TIme."

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Latir shakes his head. "No. No. I am sure someone else can smash the rock without my having to resort to such drastic measures."

He picks up his tunic, knocks the blue junk off of it, and re-dons it. As an after thought, he walks over and hugs one of the potted trees, apologizing to it for not being able to change its predicament.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Val says, "Oh, alright, then. VALE! Ye lazy, beardless wonder! Get up there and show 'em what a Dwarf can do!"

GM:
P.S. +250 xp to Lathir for making the DM laugh. :)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases