THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
It occurred to me just now, that you can always see magical auras. As you approach the former spot of the oasis, to talk and plan with the rest of the party, you notice that this latest key has a strong, magical aura. Remember, all of these keys are shaped like triangles; they are all 4-inch golden triangles, with a Horus eye engraved in the center on one side, and the proper name of the key written in Draconic, on the back side.

You surmise that the keys may have more than 1 purpose; i.e., each of these keys might have other functions, other than their function as keys. You might want to identify one of them.

Waynan

Adventurer
Before anyone flies off or does anything, Tam steps before the strange fellow before them and announces himself:
"Hua Xao, my name is Tamartamlin Quickfoot: jeweler, treasure hunter, adventurer, wolf-rider, giant slayer and also a newcomer and boon companion to these warriors and wizards, druids and danger-seekers. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance. "

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Val chimes in, "Better check yer pockets, tree hugger! A happy Halfling is a SNEAKY Halfling!"

Vale looks at the axe in amazement. He's never been THIS snarky before!
Xao is about to shake Tam's hand when goes rushing off. Then upon hearing the Axe speak, he quickly checks his belongings and makes sure he hasn't been pick pocketed.

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd
"Well done you two,"
I compliment the twins. Travis nods and Lenny acknowledges it with a grin. Looking to Xao I give a grin of my own. "It seems we've found the key! Now I think it's safe to say we'll be able to exit the room once everyone completes their greetings. Lathir is a companion of ours that went off to do some research on his own. I hope we get to hear what he's uncovered!"

"How goes things, Lathir?"
I ask, an amused smile for Tam's displayed excitement playing at my lips.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
(Forgive the delay...Respen's actions occur at appropriate times)
Respen:
"Well met, Hua Xao. Pleased to have you join us. My name is Respen Coraellus of the Enllaves plains, Mentee of Laramon of Dyvers, and quested by Dame Clare. That is why I am here. My friends, and I am grateful to call them such, are here to make my quest their own. Should you join us, I shall remain in your debt, as I am to them. <he chuckles> As it is, if I am to repay my debts to them, and I have an elven life to do it, I shall never die."

He winks back at Sylvar for the Respen's Raiders comment, "Ever the entertainer, my bard friend." Respen clearly has an affection for his elven kin. Despite vastly different backgrounds, their share the blessing and curse of elven history and longevity. He laughs at Xao's reaction to the axe's comments vis-a-vis Tam. "Don't let his size fool you. He is a mighty hobbit who I have seen fell much larger creatures than he...with regularity."

To Lathir, "My friend! I am pleased to see you again. I was despondent you left us, and I am grateful to you for your return."

He watches Lathir recover the key. He observes the magical aura of the 'water' as well as the key. His face suddenly becomes alert as if he's discovered something, or remembered it. He reaches into a pouch on the top flap of his backpack, and retrieves an eyeglass on a silver chain from the pouch. To Respen (and anyone else who sees it), it glows with a swirling magenta and blue light. He puts the eyeglass to his eye, and he examines the key closely, whispering something in elvish and touching a notch on the edge of the silver frame of the eyeglass.

In elvish, "What the hell are you, really?"
Casts Identify 1x per Day and gives a +5 to Appraise skill bonus

Last edited:

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
With a wry smile Xao says, "Well met to you Respin and your .. .. ..Raiders. So there is a quest. Since I do not know where in the lands I am and getting back to where I was is seemingly out of the question, I accept your invitation to join this quest. How is every one on water? Food?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
02912B72-60EC-4F77-8B5B-C37A0DE836A4.jpeg

Respen, you suspect that all of the keys are probably similar in function, considering that all of them are the same, triangle shape, and all of them have a Horus Eye engraved in them, and all of them have a special name, written in Draconic. What a marvelous discovery!

Aust Thale

Adventurer

Respen, you suspect that all of the keys are probably similar in function, considering that all of them are the same, triangle shape, and all of them have a Horus Eye engraved in them, and all of them have a special name, written in Draconic. What a marvelous discovery!
Respen:
Realizing the magical significance of the keys, he requests to see the other keys, explaining what he has found. “I lack the magical preparation at the moment to ascertain the other magical keys’ properties. Perhaps one of you can assist?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases