THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Posting on behalf of Sylvar who is preparing for a weekend camping trip.

Sylvar says, "Yes, I remember now. I've heard of these keys before. Two things are certain:

1. Pressing the Horus Eye on any key causes it to take its alternate form, and pressing it again causes it to revert back to its key form.

2. Saying the name in Draconic causes the key to activate its special power.

What the forms and powers are, I haven't a clue.

But I do know that Khubsheth himself made these keys, hence their double-use as magical items; it's like he knew that one day, whomever sought to unlock the Queen's tomb in order to vanquish her might need some magical assistance.

Therefore, I suspect that once the keys have been used to unlock the pyramid door, they can be removed and used as magical items. How generous of him."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
Posting on behalf of Thallok, whose player is on vacation / anniversary get-away.

Thallok accepts the key when it is offered to him by Respen. He places one hand beneath the rock it's still stuck in, and with the other hand, he presses the Horus Eye, using his thumb.

Thallok is caught by surprise when the rock EXPLODES, sending pebble fragments everywhere! Thallok is unharmed by the explosion, but he gets very dusty and dirty from it. Everyone nearby also gets pelted by pebbles and sand, but not hard enough to suffer actual damage.

When the dust settles, the key has transformed itself into a helmet, with the Horus Eye and triangle becoming a visor. Everyone's immediate guess is that the helmet probably provides several vision-related powers. Exactly what those powers are, remains to be seen.

Thallok hands the helm back to Respen, "Looks like it turns into a helmet. I wonder if it helps you see better?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Hua Xao said:
With a wry smile Xao says, "Well met to you Respin and your .. .. ..Raiders. So there is a quest. Since I do not know where in the lands I am and getting back to where I was is seemingly out of the question, I accept your invitation to join this quest. How is every one on water? Food?"

Kleborn is the first to speak up, "We're ok for probably 3 or 4 days, then we might need to start worrying. Of course, the cleric here, Vale, can create food and water simply by praying to Clangeddin."

Kleborn offers to shake Xao's hand with a smile.

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Lathir smiles and shakes his head at the inquiry of the Xao. "The axe is prone to grandiose verboseness and unnecessary discourse. My guess is that it does not appreciate being a tool."

To the party in general he asks, "So, do we just walk back out of here now that the puzzle is solved, the trap is beaten, and the illusion is gone?"

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Kleborn replies, "Tam is VERY trustworthy. He has never stolen a single thing from any of us. He stood his ground bravely in the fight against the Council of Giants; and he is responsible for the final arrow that dealt Prince Delliak of the Cloud Giants his ticket to the afterworld. The axe, Valorian, or Val for short, is always cantankerous and curmudgeonly, although I've never seen it QUITE this negative before. Very strange."

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
"This whole place is a trap, so I don't want to be here if someone else shows up." He glances to the door and then continues,"she might have more trouble beyond that door, but I have no idea what. She is quite insane and unpredictable, not to mention enjoys torture."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Lenny, the older twin by one and a half minutes, chimes in: "The door is how we got here in the first place. It leads to a super-long hallway, designed to eat up the duration of protective spells simply from its length, and the time it takes to traverse it. These trap areas look as if they were meant to test the mettle of whomever sought to confront the queen. Apparently, the queen is of such strength, that only the bravest, most resourceful group could possibly challenge her. At any rate, the guardians of these trapped areas probably volunteered to remain, and ensure that only the most worthy could pass them; but it seems that they have all been corrupted, and now serve the queen, instead of Khubsheth's noble purpose. I suspect that the traps were once far more survivable, but as time passed, the guardians perverted their purpose, turning them into deathtraps. As it stands, we have now passed three of the tests, and have one more to go. The door, if it's now unlocked, will allow us to return to the central chamber, where we can open the final door, and take the final test."

Diarmadhim

Explorer
Dewydd
"That would definitely be Respen. What I know of the arcane arts, I picked up merely to continue being able to fight on the frontlines instead of quietly retiring after my injury,"
I reply, nodding toward Respen. "His capabilities are actually what caused me to become interested in the arcane."

Remove ads