THE HEROES OF DYVERS CHAPTER 7: CLARE'S ERRAND

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
All of that (The battle with the Lamia, the talking, trying to smash the globe, examining the keys, more talking, etc.) took 13 rounds.

Transversing the hallway back to the center room took 7 rounds.

Thus, 20 rounds are now gone from the buff durations:

DURATIONS: (Original duration) [Current count against duration, in rounds]
Fly: Less than 12 mins (117 rounds) [-128] FLIGHT HAS ENDED.
Armor: 24 hours (14,400 rounds) [-128]
Shield: Less than 24 minutes (237 rounds) [-128]
Alter Self: Less than 120 minutes (1197 rounds) [-128]
Dragonskin: Less than 120 minutes (1197 rounds) [-128]
Prot. vs. Evil: Less than 24 minutes (237 rounds) [-128]
Blur: Less than 12 mins (117 rounds) [-128] BLUR HAS ENDED.
Invocations from the twins: 24 hours (14,400 rounds) [-23]

Buffs from Khubsheth:
(Affecting: Dewydd, Sylvar, Respen, Vale, Kleborn, Thallok, Lenny, and Travis)

[Basically, everyone except Tam, Lathir, and Xao.]

Geas for the duration of the adventure.

+5 bonus to all saves (Guardian Bonus, stacks with everything) for the duration of the adventure.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Respen:
Responding to Val before returning to the center room : “Axe, if you want to find yourself left down in this dungeon, keep it up. I feel badly that my choices have affected everyone in the manner they have. And I am truly grateful to all in this party. But I’ll be damned if it take admonition from an enchanted chunk of metal. Bugger off, Axe.” He abruptly collects his portable hole, turns, and moves up the corridor.

Upon reaching the center room and prompting the remaining riddle, he leans in attentively waiting for potential answers to it.

Aust Thale

Adventurer
Respen:
Responding to Val before returning to the center room : “Axe, if you want to find yourself left down in this dungeon, keep it up. I feel badly that my choices have affected everyone in the manner they have. And I am truly grateful to all in this party. But I’ll be damned if it take admonition from an enchanted chunk of metal. Bugger off, Axe.” He abruptly collects his portable hole, turns, and moves up the corridor.

Upon reaching the center room and prompting the remaining riddle, he leans in attentively waiting for potential answers to it.
Vale:
Vale mulls over the riddle, and he is struck by its apparent reference to a building. He realizes (see Rolz roll = 28) that it is a word with double meaning but rooted in architecture. He pauses, thinking for a moment. He nods and puts finger down on Respen’s parchment, indicating that he thinks he knows it. Seeing the others drawing blanks, he sheaths the axe so he can concentrate. He then speaks the word “Foundation”.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
The Heiracosphinx speaks with a booming voice: "The final riddle has been solved! The final test awaits! Know now that this test is the deadliest one yet, and it is likely that some of you may not survive! Know ye also that the FOUNDATION OF ALL KNOWLEDGE is the WISDOM with which to apply it. You are wise, master Dwarf, and for your wisdom in this regard, you are granted this boon, with which to further pursue this greatest of virtues, and a token, to give you a clue as to the danger you now face. LIVE LONG, AND PROSPER, VALE STONEGALLOWS!"

Vale is granted a +2 DIVINE BONUS to his Wisdom score.
Vale is granted the EXTENDED LIFESPAN Epic feat.
A small, golden ring appears on Vale's left ring finger; in your mind, you are told that it continually grants FREEDOM OF MOVEMENT.

The last door opens, revealing, as before, a long and empty hallway, no doubt leading to the next deadly test.

EVERYONE (Except Vale): You can make a Spot check, DC 20, if you like. Otherwise: what do you do?

ScottDeWar_jr

second birthdate : 15 Dec 2011
Xao sees the gold bauble on Vale's hand suddenly be noticeable, then looks to see the proximity of Tam. He may not steal from someone, but I wonder if the scamp would be able to put a ring on another's hand without them knowing it. he thinks to himself.

OOC: not sure if that axe has reading minds capability or not

Xao sees the door open and is not sure why the rest are pausing, "So, we ran to get here, do we run down this hallway likewise?"

Last edited:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
GM:
DM INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Decide amongst yourselves whether you will risk running blindly down this hallway as you did with the others.

2. When a decision has been made, ONE OF THE PCs should lead the party forward by taking the first step. (This needs to be POSTED in the IC thread, i.e., this thread you are reading at the moment.)

Once the party is in motion, I will post the results of travel, as well as a description of what your destination ends up looking like; but it is up to YOU GUYS to get the ball rolling.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases