• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hundred Seas

GreyOne

Explorer
"A man is it? Does this man have a name?"asks Keil as he pours more of the bitter brew into your mugs.

Last edited:

Ulfghar

First Post
"The man we are looking for goes by the name of Gis. My friend Bragon here is also on the lookout for a fellow going by the name of Boyan" replies Ulfghar.

GreyOne

Explorer
"Ghis, aye. Rivish-blooded and he be a short man, but stocky. His face is scarred and his right eye is white and unseeing. He carries a great Abbayan bladed axe," replies Nado. "The other be a tall Niadan, blonde hair nearly as white as snow. His eyes are hooded and observant and his name be Joffer," he finishes.

Nado's response is abrupt, nearly cutting Ulfghar off. He gazes at the innkeeper and his wife expectantly.

Keil visibly blanches at the description. His wife is smoother, a subtle wavering of her eyes the only clue that the description is familiar.

"Well, they do sound like fellows one would not forget, that they do," replies the woman. "Husband, my love, get them bread..."

At that moment the outer door snaps open and the stableboy dashes in. "Mistress! The men are back, I've seen them approach on the west road!" At that, the woman trembles visibly shaken, as all effort to stay calm leaves her.

bragon gault

First Post
GreyOne said:
"Ghis, aye. Rivish-blooded and he be a short man, but stocky. His face is scarred and his right eye is white and unseeing. He carries a great Abbayan bladed axe," replies Nado. "The other be a tall Niadan, blonde hair nearly as white as snow. His eyes are hooded and observant and his name be Joffer," he finishes.

Nado's response is abrupt, nearly cutting Ulfghar off. He gazes at the innkeeper and his wife expectantly.

Keil visibly blanches at the description. His wife is smoother, a subtle wavering of her eyes the only clue that the description is familiar.

"Well, they do sound like fellows one would not forget, that they do," replies the woman. "Husband, my love, get them bread..."

At that moment the outer door snaps open and the stableboy dashes in. "Mistress! The men are back, I've seen them approach on the west road!" At that, the woman trembles visibly shaken, as all effort to stay calm leaves her.

"Joffer is here? This shall be a great day," extorts Bragon

GreyOne

Explorer
She looks at you, her face full of panic, "You must do what they say! For our sake and that of our son! If you do not, we will all die!" she cries, dropping the ladel with a metallic clang. She rushes from the room.

"Please sirs, I have no desire to see you dead. Do as she says. The men who approach have our son as hostage in the hills to the west. We were to pass word to them of all who ride from the south and east. They've come two days earlier than they normally do. The man with the one eye, the one you call Ghis. He has our boy. Please sirs, they wish only to talk, to pass a message, I'm certain! Do not anger them! says Keil desperately.

The stableboy looks at you all uncertainly and moves back towards the door.

Last edited:

GreyOne

Explorer
"They are too distant to see, and the light fades," says the stableboy. With that he departs, the door banging shut behind him.

You look on Keil, desperation in his eyes. There is no sign of Keil's wife.

"These men are from the west. They are dangerous, more than you know. They bear the mark of Adatchauf. They have been coming for half a season, always searching, always asking questions. They have my boy, my poor boy..." with that, Keil's voice cracks and a great sob wracks his body.

fintain

First Post
Is there anyplace we can hide? If Ghis is with them we will either have to lay low or kill them all. Otherwise her son is as good as dead. How many men are coming?

If they don't know we are here we can either set up an ambush, or we can track them back to where they are holding the boy.

GreyOne

Explorer
"There are usually three of them," pleads Keil, "Do nothing, please. They will know you are here from the horses. Simply do what they ask, I beg you..." his voice trails off.

A moment later you see the glow of light beyond the casement. Through the cloudy, thick glass you see what looks to be a riding lantern. There are noises outside, and the stamp of horses. With that the door swings open...

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads