• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

The Hunted (DM: IronSky, Judge: ???)

johnmeier1

Explorer
[sblock=OOC] Fine with movement, Iron Sky. Does the resistance seem to happen before or after our damage, like an immediate reaction, is it obvious?[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC] Fine with movement, Iron Sky. Does the resistance seem to happen before or after our damage, like an immediate reaction, is it obvious?[/sblock]

GM: Since some of them did it twice, it seems to be a free action functioning as an interrupt. If you can make an Insight check DC 15 as a minor action, I'll tell you more :)

Also, I'm updating my Semi-Update into a full round update above.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Illarion gestures and misty copies of eel creatures come up and bite at the attackers grappling with his companions, pushing them back.

OOC: if you're not attacking with area powers again, leave hulk 2 for my next round. Thanks

[sblock=Actions]
Standard: Mists of Disarray vs Will (Eel 1; Eel 4); psychic damage (1d20+5=20, 1d20+5=18, 1d8+8=16) - both pushed to column 9 in the same row

Free: Shroud on Hulk 2

Minor: Insight (1d20+2=8)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Illarion Meriele]
SPECIAL: resist 5 lightning; if 1st attack in the round is even gain +1 AC; odd - make a saving throw
On nat 20: slide the target 1 square and knock it prone
On nat 1 MUST push all within 5 squares 1 square

AC: 13 (+1 if first attack in the round is even) Fort: 11 Reflex: 13 Will: 18
HP: 14/24 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 6
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 10;

FEATS
Level 1: Shadow Initiate

POWERS

Chaos Bolt
Blazing Starfall
Assassin's Shroud
Changeling Disguise

Changeling Trick
Mists of Disarray

Grounding Rebuke

[/sblock]

Last edited:

johnmeier1

Explorer
Raijin spins his staff again, looking for a weakpoint in the hulks. Thunder ripples out like a storm at a hulking creature. He is thrown back by his own force and the energy goes wild. The sorcerer picks himself up and climbs the crates, the glow around him fading.

[sblock=OOC] Take 5 ongoing necrotic and poison (bloodied again)
Minor: Insight into their resistances 1d20+7=9 (2!)
Standard: Stormwalk shift to I10 and attack Hulk 1 1d20+7=9 vs Fort for 2d8+13=24 Thunder damage, overcome resistance by 5
Move: Athletics to climb the side of the pier and crates 1d20+5=17 to F12
Save: 1d20=13 (whew, at least this wasn't the 2s)
Promise of Storm ends :(
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]
Passive Perception 11, Passive Insight 17
AC 15, Fort 17, Reflex 12, Will 18
HP: 12/27, Bloodied 13, Surge Value 6, Surges 6/6
Resist Force 10, Resist Lightning 5, Resist Thunder 5
Speed 6, Initiative +1
Action Points: 0, Second Wind
At-Will Powers: Blazing Starfall, Storm Walk
Encounter Powers: Dragonflame Mettle, Promise of Storm, Thundering Roar
Daily Powers: Lightning Breath, Brooch of Shielding
[/sblock]

jkason

First Post
The roiling mass of insects that is Devinihm buzzes more furiously, as the brighter wasps thicken and darken to become locusts, then swarm outward, biting and clouding the area near the dock.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Escape attempt. Not sure if that succeeds, but it doesn't appreciably change my actions, I don't think.

Standard: Swarming Locust attack to the left of Devinihm, which I think only gets the eel that has him, but does create a combat-advantage zone:

At-Will Standard Close blast 3 ✦ Beast Form, Implement, Primal, Zone
Target: Each creature in blast
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Weapon: Staff Implement: +4 attack, 1d8+4 damage
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage. Level 21: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage.
Effect: The blast creates a zone of swarming locusts that lasts until the end of your next turn. While within the zone, enemies grant combat advantage.

Conditional: If he did escape the grab, I'll go ahead and ready Devinihm's Pursuit of the Hunter. If any of the eels move (since they're all in range), I'd like to take advantage of it. Since that won't be until after others have acted, I'll hold off picking a square since someone else might wind up in it.[/sblock]

Last edited:

LadyLaw

First Post
Rysethynn, having been freed from the eel's grasp, takes a quick step toward the shore and lashes out with lightning at the creatures in the water, it seeming natural to her that this would harm them more than her hammer. One of the creatures dodges, but she can tell it's still singed from the blast. The other, she hits squarely. Then, she summons up her inner reserves, knowing this will be a long fight still.

[sblock=Mechanics]Move: Shift to N13
Free: Mark Eels 1 & 4
Standard: Form of Mountain's Thunder attack vs. Eels 1 & 4
Roll vs. Reflex on Eel 1: 1d20+6=24 for 1d10+6=11 thunder damage + 4 lightning damage for being marked (15 total damage) and is knocked prone
Roll vs. Reflex on Eel 4: 1d20+6=7 takes half the damage for a miss is 5 thunder damage +4 lightning damage for being marked (9 total damage)
Minor: Second Wind - heals 8 and +2 to all defenses TENT[/sblock]

[sblock=Potenital Immeidiate Interrupt or Reaction Instructions]Rysethynn will use either Warden's Fury or Warden's Strike as appropriate. If possible, she would prefer to use Warden's Fury, but as that is melee only will use Warden's Strike instead if the triggering enemy is out of melee range.[/sblock]

[sblock=Rysethynn Mini-stats]
Rysethynn - Female Dwarven Warden (Earthstrength) 1
Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 17
AC:18+1+2=21, Fort:15+2=17, Ref:12+2=14, Will:13+2=15 -- Speed:5
HP:25/33, Bloodied:16, Surge Value:8, Surges Left: 11/12

Action Points: 1
Powers: Warden's Fury, Warden's Grasp, Earth Shield Strike, Warden's Lunge
Earth Spikes, Form of Mountain's Thunder Attack, Second Wind
Form of Mountain's Thunder

Special: Save vs. 1 effect at start of turn (and at end)
+5 to saves vs. poison
Immediate save to being knocked prone from attack
Move one less square from forced movement
+3 to AC when using Second Wind

Conditions: Form of Mountain's Thunder (+1 AC and enemies marked by me take 4 Thunder damage once per round when I hit with a melee attack)
+2 to all defenses from Second Wind[/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
Earth takes a slow step back, interposing him in front of Xander, the most damaged mamber of the crew.

Move: Shift back into the docks (K12)
Standard: Shield of protection: Xander and Earth resist 10 until the end of Earth's next turn.

pacdidj

First Post
"What manner of dreadful beast are you, that can resist Auntie Mab's evil eye? Not to mention all that fire and lightning and what not..." Auntie Mab ponders the resilience of the hulking creatures for a moment, drawing a blank. Tristram has a hunch about it though, which he whispers in her ear.

But as he squeaks, Auntie Mab notices Rysethynn struggling against one of the eels, and pulls a very cross face saying, "Hey you overgrown fish! Leave my friend alone!," as she chucks her chef's knife hastily, and does a double take as it actually hits, sinking into the eel's scaly hide.

[sblock="Auntie Mab actions and stats"]Start=

Minor=Insight (1d20+6=23) to learn more about the hulk's resistance

Standard=:melee:Preparatory Shot vs. Eel 2 = hit for 5 damage and EC 2 grants combat advantage to Auntie Mab till her EONT

End=

[sblock=Stat Block]Auntie Mab - Human Rogue (Warlock) 1
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Auntie_Mab_(pacdidj)
Conditions: none
Passive Perception: +16, Passive Insight: +16, Init: +4
AC: 16, Fort: 12, Reflex: 17, Will: 14
Speed: 6
HP: 18/25, Bloodied: 12, Surge Value: 6, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: not used, Milestones:
:bmelee:Basic Atk: Dagger +3 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg
:branged:Ranged Basic Atk: Throw Dagger +8 vs AC, 1d4+4 dmg, Range 5/10 (Daggers: 4/5)
Powers-
Preparatory Shot, Gloaming Cut, Sly Flourish
Eyebite, Distracting Shot
Scattering Shot
Combat notes:

Tristram - Rat Familiar
HP: 1/1; AC: 16, Fort: 12, Ref: 17, Will: 14
Skills: +11 Thievery, +16 Stealth

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
GM: I think we're just waiting for @DMDanW to run Xander.

[sblock=Auntie Mab]From watching these creatures, one of them was struck by three elemental attacks between the first two rounds and while it adapted to the first two attacks, the third struck full force.[/sblock]

Remove ads